Chapter 54

DREIDAN'S POV

I was mad. Furious in fact. It took all my self-restraint in there not to choke Grace to death. How could she tell me all those things? I swear I was going to do something stupid to her when she was speaking but when I saw Avatia looking so helpless on that bed, it made me put my shit together. I couldn't hurt her mother too. I had put her in danger already. Before I could stop myself, I apologized. It was the only thing I could say at the moment and it was a sincere apology because honestly, I felt bad for making the poor girl suffer.

If only I didn't see her months ago in a rush for a $20.000.000 deal, she would not be in this mess. This mess I called my life. And to think all this happened on Nevaeh's death anniversary. Fuck it!

Talking about Nevaeh and of course Avatia, I knew I had to deal with Leo. He forced himself on her and he's going to get it from me. I got into my car and noticed Jade was still standing outside. I rolled down the window. "Get in."

The moment she got in, I sped off. As I drove, I couldn't think straight. Why did Leo do this? I did nothing wrong to him. A lot was going through my mind until I remembered Jade had something to do with all this. She was the one who called me which means she knew about this. I abruptly pulled the car to a stop causing her to move ahead with force before leaning back. She placed her hand over her chest, panicking.

I did not even turn to face her because I knew I was going to do something stupid. "I'll ask you this only once, what's your role in all this?"

I knew she was shivering.

"Stop wasting my goddamn time, woman." I said calmly, clenching my fist.

I felt her palms on my arm, then a quiet sniff and sob. I turned to face her just to see she was crying. "I'm really sorry Dre. I don't know what got into me."

I raised a brow. "Did you know Leo killed Nevaeh and how he planned to kill Avatia?"

She tucked away a strand of her hair behind her ear. It was the first time this morning I realized she had no make up on. She looked so ugly...or was I just too mad to say she was ugly?

I shut my eyes and gripped the steering wheel. "Did you?"

She sobbed some more and I was loosing my temper. I turned and faced her again. "Did you?" My voice was dangerously low and I knew if she didn't reply, I would do something stupid.

It's good she took the hint and nodded.

My eyes darkened and I knew the fury in them could kill a person.

"I'm s-so sor-ry, I swear Dre, I ju-just found out recently. You see, before Nevaeh came into the picture, I-I lo-loved you but I kept it to myself. Then one day, you introduced her to me, I was depressed. I wanted you all to myself but you only considered me as a friend. It broke me. It did me bad." She stopped and cried some more.

I was trying my very best to keep my anger in one piece.

She pulled out a tissue from her purse and wiped her tears and running nose. "But I accepted it Dre. I would smile during the day and sulk at night. But I never for once wished ill for you two because I knew that girl made you happy. I could see it. You had never been so happy since I knew you and I never wanted to be the one to take it away from you. Then out of nowhere, she died. Dre I swear to you that I never knew Leo had a hand in all that happened. To me, he was just the cook and Nevaeh was just unfortunate to die in a car accident. But honestly, I felt relieved that she was out of the picture and I could finally get a chance to be with you but once again, another blonde showed up. Avatia showed up." This time, she burst out crying. Crying so loud that it irritated me.