Chapter 32

Thanks so much for 6400 reads and 630 votes. It may not look much but I'm so happy😊. Plus my birthday was yesterday, thanks to all those who wished me a splendid day.😀😀

_________________________________

AVATIA'S POV

"You're kidding me. Tell me you're joking." Ana squealed in excitement as I told her about last night.

I shook my head, a proud smirk forming. "He said THANK YOU. For real. I thought I wasn't hearing well but he repeated it again Ana. I'm serious."

Her eyes grew wide. "You're telling me that the same Dreidan that I know, leader of the mafia here in Italy and the United States of America, told you thank you? Hell no! I can't believe that. The last time I heard such words was about five years ago."

I laughed. Her expression was priceless. "Believe it or not. He said it."

All of a sudden she frowned a little.

"What's wrong?"

She turned back to the casserole she was making. "I just feel bad that you'll soon be leaving. This house would be lonely once more."

I frowned too. She was right. I know it sounds crazy but I was gonna miss this house. And most especially Ana. "Come on Ana, we'll still be in touch. I'll get myself a new phone once I'm back in New York."

She turned back to me. "That's not it Ava. I know we would be able to communicate but I'm talking about the liveliness. At first, Dreidan would come and just mind his own business. Going for missions and stuff. The only time I would see him or get the opportunity to talk with him was when he came down to eat. But you've come and I've grown used to the fact that I have someone to be with throughout the day. It's been five years since I lastly felt that comfort. I'm really gonna miss you." She told me sadly and I noticed her eyes watered a bit.

I walked up to her and hugged her tight. My eyes automatically started pricking. "I'm really gonna miss you too Ana. All our little gossips, your delicious food, your funny stories and all. I really would miss you." A tear finally slipped out of my eyes.

We pulled away and I laughed when I noticed she was wiping her own tears too. Just then, Mr. Black stepped in. Oh boy, this dude was the bomb. So handsome even in the morning?

"Good morning sir." I greeted him with a smile. He looked at me and nodded. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Man can't even greet back. Ana greeted him too and he nodded as well, then said something in Italian to her, which she also replied in the language. I was usually pissed off whenever they spoke in Italian because I couldn't understand a single thing.

He then turned to me. "We need to talk." He said and was about to walk away. "Follow me."

"Say please first." I told him boldly. We need to talk. I mimicked in my head. As if I'm some two year old.

He raised his brows at me and glared, causing me to flinch. When would I ever learn how to stand firm when he scared the lights out of me? He was so authoritative. "I'll be at the balcony." Was all he said and walked away.

Ana started laughing. I turned to her, amused. "What's up with you?"

She laughed again. "You look so small and he looks so big, yet you don't fear him at all. You always talk to him and challenge him. Just keep getting on his toes, he'll chew you raw one day."

I laughed at what she said. But it wasn't true. I feared the guy like hell. "Well he had to say please. He can't keep commanding me like that."

"It would be difficult for him to change. Just go and meet him. He actually has something important to tell you. Please." She added the last part and burst out laughing again.

I shook my head in amusement. "I'm only going to meet him because of you."

She laughed and pushed me away. "Just go already."

I laughed and made my way out of the kitchen, walking towards the balcony. I met him staring at the pool. I wonder how his shirts fit him so well and don't tear apart because of those huge muscles. "I only came here because Ana begged me to." I told him sounding like I didn't care. "How's your arm by the way?" I asked. I just had too.

"It's better now but I can't move it. And that's why I called you here." He said, still not looking away from the pool. "I have to be at the biggest casino here in Italy tonight. There's this man, Marco De Luca, he's the owner. He's got the best heroin in the city, it's mixed with another strong powder and that's a lot of money. $30,000 for a packet cause of the other substance in it. I need it. I need all of it. There are 15 packets. I tried buying all from him but he refused to sell it. I need you to steal it. I can't go there looking like this. My enemies would be happy." He ended and turned to me.

My eyes widened in disbelief. I shook my head. "I'm not doing that. Never ever. I can't steal. And from what I can picture in my mind already, this guy is dangerous. I've never even been to a casino. They won't even let me in because of my size."

"Yes he is. There are guards everywhere but you'll be safe. My men would replace his men at the front of his office and at the entrance to the casino. That would guarantee you a safe entry. He is 65 and has a thing for young girls. You would have to seduce him and find out about where this drug is, and steal it."

"Eewww....65? Hell no." I shook my head and stepped behind. "I'm not doing it. Call for one of your girlfriends to do it. Do I look like a sacrificial lamb to you? I'm not doing it. For real. Just call me when you're ready to take me back to New York, not ready to send me on a suicidal mission." I said and turned to leave.

"Its either you do it, or your mom dies." He deadpanned.

I turned back, my heart racing a thousand miles. "What?"

He turned round and ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't want to drag her into this because I know how much she means to you, but you've left me with no choice. You have to choose Avatia. Cause you're supposed to do it tonight."

A tear slipped out of my right eye. He was blackmailing me. He was using my mother to get to me. "You're evil. You're a psychopath. You're a monster. I hate you so much for this. I hate you so much." I said as tears started rolling down my eyes. "What if I get killed or raped or something, what would you tell my mother?"

"Nothing would happen to you Avatia. You'll be protected all round. I need you to do this for me. You're the only one who would be able to get in and get the drugs." He said as if it pained him but I knew better than to get carried away by his voice. "I'll give you all the information you need."

"I hate you so much." I told him and walked away. How on earth did I get myself into this mess? For every step he took ahead, he took four more behind. I ran to my room and shut the door. Oh mom.

___________________________________

Please vote.

Love,
Thelma❤️