Chapter 46

Happy new year my sweethearts who have decided to continue reading this book. Many started but stopped half way. Yet you continued. I'm 100% grateful.

Enjoy....

______________________________

AVATIA'S POV

So two weeks had already passed since I came back. Of course, I told Kenny and Draya everything that happened. Even about the kisses. I trusted them enough not to blabber about it somewhere. It was my biggest secret and I knew they'd respect it.

With everything that had happened, mom didn't want me to stay away from her. She was bent on making me go to college from the house. She didn't even want us to live in New York any more. She had insisted we traveled back to Ohio. But I'd begged her. I'd told her that there was nothing to worry about since Dreidan Vaughn was now my past and the man who kidnapped her was dead. I'd begged her till she accepted. So presently, Draya and I were unpacking all my boxes and arranging it neatly in the dorm room. It was a chic room. I'd decided to use the money Dre gave me. After all, it was my salary.

"There's this friend of mine, actually, he's my latest crush. He's throwing a pool party this afternoon. And he invited me. You'd come with me right?" Draya asked as she put away my toiletries.

Well, Draya was always going to be Draya. The partying type. I sighed, I just wanted to live a low key kind of life now and stay out of anything that could cause trouble. "Draya, you know I don't really like parties. Besides I'm trying to stay away from the wrong people."

"First of all, I'll be there with you. Secondly, I couldn't have a crush on a dangerous guy, so you're safe. And thirdly, you're coming with me. So hurry up so we can get ready. Period." She said in a deadpan.

I rolled my eyes. "My mom would not be happy to hear this."

She gave me the are-you-serious look. "Really girl. Who said anything about telling her? You're almost 22. Live a little. This is our second to the last year in college and your first year in this particular school. You should totally enjoy it before we leave. You're going with me. Period."

I smiled at her. "You do realize that that's the second time you said period, right?"

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever bestie. It doesn't matter how many times I say period. If I want to say the word period, I'll say it. So period."

I giggled, but it slowly faded as memories of the night I'd teased Dreidan about period filled my head. He'd ended up kissing me.

I miss you so much Dre. I thought as my hand made its way to the necklace he'd bought for me. I figured it would make me feel better about being far from him if I wore it.

*****

After we were done unpacking and packing, Draya forced me to shower and I reluctantly did so. She even gave me a new two piece swimsuit. "I already have one, you know?"

She nodded. "I know. But all the ones you have are sorta babyish. This party is gonna be lit. Conrad doesn't throw boring parties. And besides, we need to find you someone who'd make you for forget about Mr. Mafia man." She said as if it was the most normal thing ever.

"Its Dreidan. And who said I want to forget about him?" I muttered the last part.

Draya shrugged. "Well, I don't care. You're wearing that, and we're going to look for a nice guy. Should I say period again?"

We both burst out laughing at her crazy question.

~~

So we went to Conrad's party and I was pretty pleased to see how cool it was. Draya pulled me all around in the name of looking for Conrad. She found him sitting with a bunch of guys at a makeshift bar by the pool. "Conrad." She said as she waved. A guy with dark brown hair waved back. He was quite good looking, no doubt she has a crush on him.

"Hey beautiful. I'm glad you came. Who's your friend?" He asked with a sly smile and all the boys who sat there turned towards me. This was like one of the worst things ever. I hated such instances cause you were not sure what those guys were going to say once you left.

Draya smiled at me. "This is Avatia. She's my best friend."

There was this guy, with black hair, he'd worn his cap backwards, he smiled at me. "You're very pretty Avatia. Go change and come sit by me." He said and there was an unmistakable French accent there.

The other guys cooed and Draya nudged my elbow. "We'll be right back, sweethearts." She yelled as she pulled me along with her. "Ava he's the one. He's totally the one. I heard French guys know how to fuck well and that they got huge dicks."

I scrunched my nose. "Eeeww, don't say that. You're so spoiled."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. We're gonna get changed and you'll sit by him. I don't even know his name."

I face palmed. "How did we manage to be best friends?"

She chuckled. "The same way you managed to fall in love with a psychopath who tried to kill you."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever makes you sleep at night. Let's just hurry up with this party and go home already."

Once we were done changing, we headed out and as planned, I sat next to the cute French guy. He flashed me a charming play boy smile. "I'm André. André Dubois."

I smiled back. "Nice meeting you André." I said. I didn't even know what I was supposed to say to the guy.

"You look like the shy type, sweetie." He said and I found myself enjoying his accent. He pronounced 'the' as 'zi'.

I smiled and tucked away strand of my hair behind my ear. "I'm not shy."

He smirked. "Hmmm....that's what the real shy ones say."

"No really. I'm not shy." I tried to defend myself.

He looked into my eyes. "Well, I'll like you to prove it to me by going on a date with me on Friday night."

My mouth hung low. "André you're a case. You just wanted to ask me out."

His smirk never faded. "I'm impressed. Not only are you beautiful, you're also smart. So will you go out with me?"

I smiled at him. "Nope."

"I like my girls playing hard to get."

I shook my head. "No, really. I'm not playing hard to get. I'm simply not interested in going out with you."

He was going to speak up when his phone rang. "Excuse me sweetheart." He said and answered the call. He spoke in French. Draya called for me and gave me two bowls of what looked like coconut and caramel custard, one for André and the other one for me. She then told me to pose so she could take a picture.

André spoke for a while before putting down his phone and diverting his attention to me again

André spoke for a while before putting down his phone and diverting his attention to me again. "Sorry about that, cara mia, and thanks for this."

I smiled. "You're welcome, André."

"I like you already." He mused and I blushed.

We all had so much fun and by the end of the day, André had succeeded in getting my number. I don't even know how. And I'm not really sure if I'd accepted to go on that date with him, but he'd said he'd pick me up on Friday night.

______________________________

By the way, thanks so much for over 12k views. Y'all make me so happy.

Please do vote and comment.

Love,
Thelma ❤️