Fliss

"Where's Saffy?" I frowned as I closed our front door behind me and found only Alice and Kitty were home.

"Actually she's still out," shrugged Alice only half paying attention.
Our premier inn room, kindly provided by the Leeds festival organisers was a little smaller than we'd been used to traveling with Van and the lads, but I still liked it. It was cosy and warm and it kept the rain out, I could wash away the mud and the mist of the say and sink beneath the complimentary bubbles in the bath.

"On her own?" I smirked knowing that Jazz and Rudy were already driving back down south, Jazz wanting to catch a few of his mates before we joined Van and the lids in America.

"No," grinned Katie playing with the straw of her strawberry milk.

"Then who's she with?" I had a tell tale feeling I already knew, but it was fun to weasel it out of them all the same.

"Matty Healy, again," Alice rolled her eyes and I rolled mine. If course she was.

Kitty giggled again humming the tune to post breakup sex as she wandered over to her rucksack to pull out a pair of pyjama shorts.

"well as long as she doesn't forget we're leaving tomorrow," I chuckled relieved if anything that she was finally pulling away from Rhys, I just couldnt help wish it was towards someone a little more trustworthy than Matty.

"As long as she's having fun," shrugged alice in agreement, flopping down on one of the double beds, turning the television on. "Let's see, pretty woman orrrrrrrr, Louis Theroux,"

"Who the fuck do you think..." I stated dryly, grabbing a tub of Ben and Jerry's and joining her on the duvet.

"I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow," yawned Katie crawling in between the two of us. we'd been coming down all day and finally our heads were beginning to clear, things felt less gooey now, a little more real. I liked it like this, though I'd have preferred to stay high forever.

"Its mad Int it," I yawned two nestling into my friend, "think an all, three months ago no one knew us an now..."

"Mad how stuff takes off,"

"I always knew it would," winked Alice drawing a laugh from both of us.
"bullshit," I giggled spooning a lump of cookie dough out with a smile. "you never,"

"Nah you're right," she grinned back, "I still don't get it either, I'm convinced its all a big practical joke..."

"Yeah," I sighed with a softer smile, "me too,"

"Maybe this is just all a weird trip, maybe Fliss, maybe I'm not the real Katie and she's not the real alice, maybe you're in some kind of mega deep k hole right now and the real Katie's trying to snap you out of it," she giggled but I couldn't laugh at that. we'd probably come close to it before.

"Fuck off," I grinned shrugging her off, unsure how to proceed but I didn't need to when I heard Saffron and someone else giggling in the hallway.

I turned to the others wide eyed grabbing my ice cream and darting into the wardrobe at the foot of our bed, swiftly followed by Katie and Alice, all three of us trying to hide our giggling when we heard keys in the lock and heard the voices getting louder.

"God you're divine," mumbled Matty, I heard Ally gasp beside me, and pushed the wardrobe door open a crack to see. My eyes went wide when I saw their shadows locked together on the walls, their heads together, their hands entwined.

"What can you see?" Whispered Katie in my ear as quietly as she could whilst I kept my gaze fixed on the pair of shadows making out against the wall paper.