Alice

I looked out at the stage one last time, beaming into microphone, i was the last one left before the curtain call once again.

I glanced over at Jazz who was waving to me from stage left, grinning back a little delirious i swung my guitar over my shoulder laid it down on the ground ready to collect in 5 minutes time, and then mumbled one last thing into the microphone before i made my exit.

"If anyones got anything illegal up their sleeve..." I winked nodding in the direction of the outside, drawing a laugh from the crowd, though i could guarantee that there's be someone there with a joint or a pill for me to take the moment i managed to make it round the back.

Fliss was giggling when i fell into her arms, tripping over my shoelace as Bondy chuckled me a bottle of water.

"Youre a mess allypally,"

"No I'm not," i smiled, "im divine,"

"Here yous arent actually going out the back are yous, you canna jus accept shit from strangers, the drugs will be different here..." Started Larry doing his best to talk me down from my stupid idea, i think he already knew he wouldn't.

Me and Larry had grown close over the last few months, when Benji was in a bathroom drinking wine with kitty, when Van was driving Fliss up the kitchen wall, when Bob had disappeared for an early night and Bondy and Saffron were making their neck hair stand electric, me and Larry and Jazz were often left smoking on the patio or playing Fifa and fucking up Benji's high score.

Larry had grown used to my ways by now and yet somehow he would always worry when i went walkabout, he'd never pass up on the opportunity to try and calm me down, but if he thought he'd talk me out of American cocaine, well, he should have known me better than that.

I smiled at him again, arm around him, a kiss on his cheek for being so thoughtful.

"As long as they're still drugs," i winked before taking Fliss by the hand and tugging her in the direction of the back door.

"Where are we going?" She giggled as i lead her away from Van and Bondy and down a corridor, her laughter echoing, only fading when the cold air hit her cheeks and the street outside overwhelmed her momentarily.

"Away from Van for a start," i shot her a cheeky smile, "the lads been all over yous all week!"

"Can you blame him..." she shot me a sarcastically sweet smile, biting her lip though it did little to hold back her laughter.

"Christ sugar lamb what did you take, you're a right little giggle bum arent you," I teased.

"I don't remember now," she smiled, "better like that though isn't it..." I had to agree, lighting up a cigarette, allowing her to lean in close and light hers on the tip of mine. i watched the amber glow, fascinated for a moment, held captive by the beauty of it, and then someone else took my attention and stole it away.

"What kind of illegal were you hoping for?" Asked a girl with deep brown eyes watching me from under catty eyelashes. I turned to her with a smile, the quirk of my lips smooth as they curved for her.

"Suprise me..." I said smirking when i felt her look me over once again. I saw Fliss watching me in my peripheral vision, i could see the knowing smile on her lips as she took a final drag on her cigarette and stubbed it out, standing on her tiptoes to lean her chin in my shoulder and whisper in my ears.

"Shall i assume I'll see you both later..." And with that she was gone, she'd floated back inside and left me alone with the tempting stranger who stood before me.

She took out a joint and stepped closer to me, my back pressed up against the wall as she placed the rolly between my lips and smile, flicking her lighter quickly and holding it to the tip.