Fliss

I was hovering side stage with Alice watching the lads sound checking, Van was pacing around, shoulders hunched because something was grating on him, and the other lads were all clenched jaws and sullen expressions, because something was grating on them too.

Saffron and Jazz were sitting crossed legs on the floor in front of the stage, playing connect four. Saff was yellow, Jazz was red and Kitty was nowhere to be seen.

"Do you think they're stressed cause of us?" I asked quietly, glancing at Larry who was too busy concentrating on the lads to notice our gaze settle on him.

"I don't think we should pay it any mind to be honest," shrugged Alice, she'd been a little cold all morning but she always was the morning after one of "those" nights and so i let it slide, wandering away to get a brew, letting out a sigh when i thought i was alone.

"Hey," said Katie quietly making me jump as she slunk out from behind the water cooler where she had been sitting on the floor by the plug socket reading Kerouac.

"hey," i offered her a small smile, "nervous about tonight or somet whatre you doing down there?" I smirked but she shook her head.

"Im always nervous about the gigs," she said softly, "you know me,"

"And you know it'll all be reet, i think we're doing well you know, people like us sugar lamb," i nudged her lightly and she forced a smile back, she probably thought i wouldn't notice but it was impossible not to notice the way she shrunk into herself and shivered, so i wrapped an arm around her shoulder and offered her my tea.

"I wouldn't lie to you Sundance,"

She giggled and shrugged her shoulder and when we stopped in the corridor during the final run through of Tyrants she bit her lip and paused.

"Fliss..." She said slowly, tentatively so that for a moment i was scared she was about to say something stupid, "i think we're about to get pretty out of hand..." she started, barely able too meet my gaze, queazy smile as she chewed the tip of her thumb and corrected herself, "the band i mean, i think Honeymoons are about to get..."

"Really fucking outa hand," i finished with a wider smile than she had granted the sentiment. "I know what you mean," i said a little quieter, glancing to the stage door when i heard the lads all laughing and shouting about something dumb. "Feels strange doesn't it,"

"I get pins and needles every time someone says our name,"

I smiled and slipped my hand into hers leading her towards our friends, "me too sugarlamb," i said flashing Van a grin as he came stumbling down the steps and into my side, Bondy tumbling down with him, the two of them scrunched up laughing like maniacs, all red in the face and struggling to breath.

"Ey watch it you daft twats, if i get an injury in the work place i will be calling for compensation!"

Van caught me by the waist, steadying me for a moment as they caught their breath, eyes sparkling, though neither of them bothered to let on what was so entertaining in the first place.

"Reeet so we'll see yous later before the gig right?" He asked still hovering about me, his hand on my waist. I thought i saw his face fall when he looked past me and his eyes rested on Andy and a sour expression.

"Are you..." I started shutting my mouth and chewing my lip when he shook his head quickly and cut me off.

"I'll see you later okay," he flashed me a quick smile shrugging past us and back out the door, the conversation he was now engaged in so intense i could feel my ears burning with the knowledge that my name was being thrown around again.