Saffron

The lads were right, we did like California best. It was divine.

"I feel like when we leave, im gonna get a vitamin D come down worse than any MD one," I sighed lying back on the grass looking up at the sky through my sunglasses, breathing in second hand smoke from the cigarette hanging out of Bondys mouth.

"Youll have the shakes and everything," grinned Van, "wales always seems mad after this... dead grey,"

"I'm looking forward to wales actually," said Fliss half in a daydream. It was difficult not to snap my head round, watch her warily, hang to her every word. It was the first line she'd volunteered in days.

Van shot her a confused smirk, clearly waiting for her to reiterate. She waited till she had a joint in her mouth before she continued.

"I just like Wales a lot," she shrugged, "reminds me of me dad," and that was all she said on the matter, even when Larry and Ben laughed her off with lines like, you only like it cause you don't have to live there. She didn't need to defend it because Van already was.

"It is nice to go home for a bit int it," he nodded along, she nodded along too and they seemed to share a moment of understanding, he gave her a small smile and she gave him one back and with that they settled. He stopped shooting her long wounded glances, she stopped checking to see if he was watching.

"I can't believe you're in California, and youre thinking about home, you're both clapped!" Laughed Ally stealing the joint from fliss, exhaling deep and giggling when she choked a little.

"Allypallys losing her touch," I smirked dryly taking it from her, blowing my smoke in her face.

We had three days off before we had another gig, but there were interviews to be done and a couple of writing sessions booked in too.
I liked weeks like this though, days where nothing mattered and no one cared what time we got out of bed or ate breakfast. It was nice just lying back in the grass with my head in someone's jacket or legs.

"Pass us the j," I yawned drawing a laugh from the lads.

"I dont know love you sound chilled out enough already," teased Bondy blowing smoke in my face, "are you sure you really need more?"

"Ah fuck off you cheeky git," I giggled reaching up to take it from him anyway.

"Ey no, no way wait your turn," he laughed holding it up in the air out of reach. I laughed a little more stretching my arm making grabby hands at him but he held out, taking another drag for himself. "Have a little patience...." he winked down at me tunefully.

"Are you still hurting from a love you lost?" Smirked Fliss dry as you like, "cause I'm feeling your frustration, im still waiting for this pain to stop,"

I saw Van grinning away by her side, bright eyes as he listened intently.

"My heart is numb, has no feeling, so while im still healing..." he turned to me dramatically, hand on his heart. I rolled my eyes.

"Just TRYYYYYYYYYYY AND HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE!" They all joined in then, a full on serenade, and all I could do was roll my eyes again.

"For fuck sake," I giggled, "fuckin hell lads,"

"Please Saff, jus try," sniggered Bondy, taking a final drag before he placed it between my lips and I scowled up at him.

"Ive really earned this you know... I really have," I folded my arms and inhaled, closing my arms so I couldn't see when Larry reached over and pinched it from me. "Oh for crying out loud!!" I groaned jumping up so that without intending to I'd landed myself in the middle of a piggy in the middle wherein I was the pig and the ball had been replaced by a joint. "Christ sake lads!" I cried out, struggling to breath as I ran round, trying my best to tackle each of them, though they were all too quick. It was those footballers feet.