Chapter 71- Cancer..the root of all evil.

**LOUIS POV**

"What do you mean Zayn has cancer?"

Liam started to cry and he took a sip of what looked like coffee. I could barely understand this whole situation, and I felt like I was going to pass out any moment.

"Zayn found out that he has been diagnosed with Leukemia when you were away. Zayn only has a few days to live, Louis. He's planning to use his heart for Harry."

My mind was boggling with questions. How come I haven't figured this out sooner? Did Harry know? Was Harry going to be okay? What about Zayn?

"So, Harry will be okay?" I asked.

"Yes, if the surgery goes well."

"But Zayn?"

Liam shook his head in regret, and my hand went to my eyes. Zayn was always there for me, he was there for me through everything. Now I have to watch my best friend go through this.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He went towards the bathrooms. I think he wants to be alone Louis." Liam suggested.

"I need to talk to him, you stay here and wait for Harry's family. They should've been here hours before me."

I made my way to the bathroom. I took cautions with every step knowing that my best friend was saving my soon to be husband.

Part of me wanted to blame myself. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry until my fate came. This was my fault that this happened, this is all my fault.

"Zayn?!" I called as I ran to the bathroom. "Zayn, where are you?"

No answer.

I quickly opened the door and stumbled into the bathroom with tears streaming down my face.

"Zayn! I know you are in here. Answer me, please." I begged.

"In here, Louis." A mumble from behind the first stall said quietly.

I took a deep breath and leaned myself against the sink.

"Zayn, why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know how I could've, I found out only a month ago." He mumbled.

"But if you would've told me sooner, I could've came to support you and-"

"There's nothing you can do, Louis. They've tried Chemotherapy and it didn't work. My hair is finally starting to grow back now. I didn't want to make you leave your dream job for me." He sighed.

"Zayn, you are dying! I would've- I could've been here! This is all my fault, and now Harry is-"

"Louis," Zayn said coming out of the bathroom, "This is not your fault. I should've been watching Harry! I should've been the one who got hit by that car! Harry will be fine, we just need to wait until...I..ya know?" He giggled.

"Zayn, this isn't funny!" I shouted. I couldn't cry anymore, I physically and mentally couldn't cry. I was panicking and I didn't know how to deal with it.

I was going insane, mentally and physically insane.

"Let's just save Harry, yeah?" Zayn smiles.

I tried to smile as best I could, but I just couldn't. Something inside me cracked, like a fire bomb went off. So I just nodded and walked out of the bathroom.