one

"It's such a shame that we play strangers
No act to change what we've become
Damn it's such a shame that we built a wreck out of me
Oh, calamity
Oh, calamity", Alex sings perfectly.

"I still get chills every time.", I place my hand over my heart.
He chuckles, "You're ridiculous."
I roll my eyes and open his Twitter.
Whenever we're together, which is a lot recently, I ask him the questions fans want to know and reply to them. It cures my boredom and it helps the band.

"Who's your number one fan?", I read the comment.
"You or my mom. Next", he says while messing with his hair.
I quickly reply back.
'@.spoopyjack nova or my mom :)'

"Which band are you most excited to tour with?"
"Waterparks for sure."
I reply, '@.underscorenotsammi wtrprks 4 sho' '
"And finally from Mr. Knight himself, who is your favorite member in waterparks?", I chuckle slightly.
"None.", Alex jokes.
' @.awsten none ew.'

"No but for real, who is your favorite? I'm meeting them tonight and I need to know.", i say.
"I don't really have a favorite, they're all great in their own way. You'll get along with them, I'm sure of it. If you can handle being friends with jack, you can handle them.", Alex says finishing his outfit for the night.
He has on black skinny jeans with rips in the knees, a tee-shirt with a nirvana logo on it, a leather jacket, and black boots.
"If I can handle being friends with Jack, I can handle being friends with anyone."
"That's what I'm saying.", he looks up, causing us both to laugh.

"5 minutes.", Jack and Rian say walking in at the same time.
"Rian! I haven't seen you all day, you left me with Alex.", I fake pout.
He smiles, lighting up the whole room.
"There it is!", Alex says, causing Rian to smile even wider and chuckle.
"Am I taking pictures or doing merch tonight?", I ask, adjusting my grey t-shirt dress as I stand up.

"First half we need you at merch, Trevor needs to rest, and second half we need you to take pictures for Ashley because she needs to take her medicine.", Rian says, grabbing a water bottle from the white mini fridge that smells of dust.
There's a stomach bug going around so everyone's been needing a replacement. I just so happen to be experienced with the tour life.
I was on the road with my dad and his band before he died.

"Am I getting paid for this?"
"You get to be our friend.", jack jokes.
"I am this close, jack," i pinch my fingers together, "This close."
I hear the boys chuckle and i decide to leave the dressing room.
I completely forgot I had a doctors mask on, until I bump into someone and gasp. The fabric goes back into my mouth, causing me to choke.

"Oh my god I almost died.", I say loudly, causing the team to stare.
They begin to chuckle when they look over at me and see that I'm clearly fine.
"Are you okay?", the person I bumped into asks.
"I almost choked on a fabric, but other than that I'm nervous. What about you?", I say trying to carry on the conversation.
"Why are you nervous? I am too.", the person I now identified as a man says.
I finally turn around and am face to face with a purple mop of hair.

"Crowds aren't my thing. You?"
"The fear of rejection."
"You're awsten.", I look down becoming nervous under his gaze.
"Did my hair give it away?", he laughs softly,"You're the one everyone talks about, Nova."
"Definitely the hair. And hopefully good things."
"Of course. You're tech, merch, security, lights, manager, and just about everything else. Or am I mistaken?"

"I'm good at these things because I was always on tour with my dad and his band and they weren't very big so I had to learn how to do everything. No biggie, really. But thanks for making me seem way cooler than I actually am.", I explain, smiling.
"That's badass. Do you want to meet the band real quick? They're pretty nervous about all of the new people, and I think they'd appreciate meeting someone nice."
"I really have to go, ATL needs me to do merch.", i try to get out of it. I'm extremely nervous by myself, especially around men.