thirty one

For the next hour we watch movies and talk about the most random things.
Awsten quickly texts Geoff and says he's going to sleepover.
He begins to fall asleep on the couch and I unfortunately have to wake him up.

"Aws, I have to go pack up.", I frown.

"I'll come with you.", he says rubbing his eyes and standing up.

"Are you sure?", i ask not wanting him to get in trouble.

"Yeah, the manager bus call was an hour ago.", he reassures me.

I nod and he interlocks his fingers with mine as we leave the bus.

"Hey, Nov. and Awsten?", Brittany, a crew member, says as we walk to side stage.

"Hey.", I smile at her.
Awsten waves slightly but focuses on the show.

I laugh as I can see the lights in the reflection of his sunglasses.

The boys finish up the last song, remembering Sunday, and run off stage.

"Nova!", Alex yells and the group of sweaty and smelly boys suffocates me in a hug.

"Hey, sorry I missed the show. I was kinda busy.", i say.

Alex wiggles his eyebrows at me, "You're telling me when we get on the bus."

I laugh and nod, leaving them to take a shower and change.

The crew and I begin to pack up the equipment while the crowd piles out of the venue.

"Just gonna sit there and watch, pretty boy?", i ask Awsten as he sits on an amp.

"That was very passive aggressive, but I suppose I can help.", he says and picks up the amp he was on.

After a half an hour everything is finally packed and ready to go.
Aws and I say our goodbyes to the crew and we go back to the ATL bus.

"I'm gonna grab clothes and stuff real quick.", Awsten says.

"Okay, I'm gonna go on the bus. Just walk in.", i say and he kisses me quickly.

We separate and as soon as I get onto the bus I'm questioned.

"What we're you busy with?", Alex asks.

"Did you two have sex?", Jack asks.

"Where'd he go?", Rian questions.

Zach just stands next to me and laughs at the 3 boys.

"I helped a guy get a job, Jawn came back and they had to get rid of the fill in. We did not have sex, we just watched movies and talked. And he went to get clothes and stuff because he's sleeping here tonight.", I answer all of their questions.

"Not complaining, but why is he sleeping over?", Jack asks.

"Well, if you guys must know. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes."

They all stare at me with their mouths open and cheer.

"Finally!"

"We're so happy for you!"

I squeal, "I'm so happy!"

Alex hugs me, "This is great. But, no sex on the bus! It makes a smell and you know how the bunks absorb smells. And I just don't wanna hear it all night."

I roll my eyes, "I don't think you have to worry about it."

"Well right now it's honey moon stage, y'all will be lovey dovey and gross. But afterwards he'll start annoying you, you'll start annoying him. But along with that, it starts getting serious. You'll talk about kids, marriage, and living together. Sex follows. Sometimes it seems like the spark is gone, but just because it's not as fresh doesn't mean it's not there. I beg, actually beg, that you don't give up on it. If you're going to be this happy all of the time, do not let it go.", Rian explains.

I smile at him, "Thank you, Ri."

They all know about my shitty dating experiences and it clearly makes me nervous.
Him explaining it to me like that really reassures me that it'll be rough but if there's really something here it'll get better.

A couple minutes after everyone settled down Awsten walks through the door with a drawstring bag.

"Oh shit, I forgot to tell y'all. I'm getting branded tomorrow.", I bring up.
Why did I say I wanted to do that?

"Why?", Alex asks.

"Because I was complaining how no one does anything crazy like in JackAss and I suggested being branded and uh. Yeah.", I poorly explain.

"Oh. Okay.", he says not surprised.

"You're okay with this?"

"Yeah, as long as you clean it and stuff. It's your body. But I wanna be there.", Alex says.

"Okay, we're gonna do it in front of the crowd before the show.", i explain and he nods.

I lead Awsten back to my bunk and we surprisingly both fit.

"Keep the door open!", Alex yells.

"Yes mom.", i say slightly quieter causing Awsten to laugh.

"Is this what they're always like?", he asks.

"Yup. But you get used to it.", i reply.

Thankfully there's little TV's at the end of all of our bunks so I connect my phone via Bluetooth and we watch Bam's Badass Gameshow.

"I'm getting the idea that you like Bam.", he points out.

"Yeah, how'd you figure it out?", i ask laughing.

"Just a wild guess.", he goes back to watching the show.

We finish the season in an hour and a half and Awsten decides to go on Twitter and talk to supporters.
I whip out my sketch book, a pencil, and start to doodle.
For inspiration I put my phone on shuffle and listen to music.

Truce by Twenty Øne Piløts comes on and I'm immediately emotional.
They mean a lot to me as a band.
Their music helped and ,still does help me, through my depression.

I begin to draw a sun setting over the ocean and a small girl sitting on the land in front of the waves watching it.

"That's really pretty.", Awsten says as he looks over.

"Thank you.",I smile at him.

Let's Kill Tonight comes on next and instantly kills the emotion.
I sigh and put my book away, not feeling it anymore.

I lay upside down with my legs upright against the wall.
I begin to mumble along with the song.

"Have you ever seen the video of him screaming the chorus?", Awsten asks looking amused.

"Yes! Brendon Urie is the definition of perfect.", i say.

"You're such a closet emo."