sixty six

I shoot up from Awsten's bunk.
"Gray is coming back tonight.", I smile.

"That's good baby.", Awsten says, looking at something on his phone.

I roll my eyes and get up from the bunk, going into the bathroom so i can change.
As I put on a pair of ripped jeans, my phone rings.
I already know it's Jason.
I guess I should tell him the truth instead of ignoring him.

"Hey.", I answer the phone.
"Hi.", I can basically hear him smile on the phone.

"Look there's something I should tell you. My ex and I were on a break and nobody ever said it was permanent. We had a conversation this morning and we're together again. I'm so so sorry, I hope you can forgive me."

Surprisingly, he's still smiling on the other end.
"Don't apologize, angel. I'm happy for you. Truth is, yes I think you're extremely attractive and you have an amazing personality. But I think even if we were to continue things, we would be really good friends. I promise you I'm okay and I forgive you."

"Thank you, not everyone reacts to that like you. I would love to be really good friends.", I smile.
"Great. So how are things on tour?"

"They're good. My little brother is coming back on tour tonight and everything is drama free right now. How about you? How's everything at the puppy shelter?"

"Awe good. Things are going great, especially with your purchase this morning."
"That's great. What are you up to?"

"I just got home from work, I'm gonna hang out with friends in a little bit. What about you?", he asks.

"I am getting dressed because we're almost at the venue. Then I get to set everything up.", i reply.

"That's fun, kinda.", he laughs, "Listen, I'll text you when I get home. I have to shower. Bye, angel."

"See ya.", I hang up.

He such a sweetheart. I hope we do become good friends.

I throw on a hoodie and put half my hair in a pony tail while the other part is down.
Quickly, I throw yellow shades all over my eyelid, making sure to blend them out.
I add a wing, fill in my eyebrows, and apply foundation.
I use bronzer and blush to add color back into my face.
Finally I use a lot of highlighter.

I go back to Awsten's bunk and he's still on his phone.
"What are you reading?", i ask.

"Articles about Parx.", he says.
"Any bad ones?"
He smiles, "Nope."
"That's great!", I smile.
He nods, clearly happy.
I'm glad they are doing really well, they're definitely talented.

"Hey can we have a sleepover here tonight? And can you dye my hair?", i ask him.
He gets excited, "Yes! What color?"
"I want purple with green tips."
"That'll look really good with your eyes. I'm down.", he smiles.

We arrive at the venue and the four of us pile out of the bus.
"I have to set up but I'll see you after you play.", I kiss Awsten quickly and run over to Rian.
We go to the dressing room with the other three.

As we walk through the door the vibe feels off.
Alex looks upset.

"What's wrong?", i ask him. The three look at him and immediately notice what I see.

"Nothing.", he tries to shrug it off but even the tone in his voice sounds off.
"Cut the shit, what's going on?", I sit next to him.

"It's nothing, Nov. It's all dumb."
"Luckily for you, I specialize in dumb. Spill.", I push.
There is no way I'm allowing my best friend to go on stage upset.

"I'm really homesick. And I feel disgusting.", he says the last part quietly.

Zach speaks up first, "It's normal to be homesick, Alex. But it'll go by so quick. Maybe invite Lisa out to a show?"

"She has so much work.", he frowns.
I place my hand on his arm, "We'll figure it out. She can come to a show on a day she's off. I'm sure she'll love to see you."
He gives me a soft smile.

"And as for the disgusting thing, dude. You're married. All that matters is that Lisa thinks your a good person and she clearly thinks your attractive. And if you were disgusting, you'd know for sure. Not just a hunch every once in a while.", Jack says.
Surprisingly, that helped me too.

"Yeah, I told you it was dumb. But thank you guys. I don't know what I would do without you.", Alex smiles.

"Not dumb, you can always talk to us about this stuff. And you would never match your jackets with your pants.", I chuckle.

After our heart felt conversation, I watch Parx perform.
As usual they're amazing.
Then I set up for ATL.

Thankfully after we do that there's a couple minutes before they start playing so I can see Awsten.

I knock on their door.
"Who is it?", Geoff asks.

"Santa."

"Come in!", i twist the door knob and immediately see the three huddled around a video game.

"Are you guys gonna watch ATL?", i ask.
"Yeah.", they reply standing up but still watching the screen.

I laugh and leave the room. They quickly catch up with me and Awsten grabs my hand.

I really want to do a social media book.
Give me suggestions on who I should write it about!!
Thank y'all-R