seventy four

Our time at my apartment comes to a happy end as Awsten carries my final box into his house in Texas.
Brax barks happily at the new scenery and runs around, causing me to chuckle at him.
I feel sort of home sick, but I know I'll get used to Texas. The plus size is I'll be closer to Geoff and Otto, so we'll be able to hang out.

"Are you sure you're okay with me living in your room?", i ask Awsten, feeling sort of shy because I've never been in his house before.
It's almost spotless.
"Babe, that's what couples do when they move in together, share a room. Besides, this is just as much your house as it is mine now. You can decorate any way you want, just make yourself comfortable.", he puts his hands on my shoulders.
"I love you."
"I love you."

"Okay so, this is obviously the living room. You, yanno, live and stuff here.", he opens his arms around the room that we've been standing in for an hour.
The walls are an off white color, the floor is a cherry wood color. The couch and chairs are all dark gray and he has a big tv sitting against the wall.
There's paintings and posters over the walls.

"Kitchen and dining room. Eat whatever, whenever you want.", he motions to the rooms in front of us.
The same wood floor runs throughout the entire house. The kitchen cabinets are the same color as the floor and the counter tops are marble. All of the appliances are black. The dining room is a table the same color as the floor and it seats 8 people.

He leads me down a hallway and shows me the bathroom.
There's a walk-in shower and a huge mirror.
"This is the guest room, just in case Geoff or anyone stays the night.", he motions to a room.
The bed is covered in black blankets and has white pillows. There's a closet, a pretty big TV, and a bunch of paintings on the walls.

"This is where we practice a lot, I write in here too.", he leads me into a completely grey room.
There's a huge couch, guitars, microphone, speakers, notebooks, and a computer.

"And finally, our room.", he smiles at me.
The walls are blue and grey, the natural light from the big windows make the colors pop. The bed is huge, covered with a white blanket and different colored pillows. There's another huge tv and closet. Awsten has a desk near the door with a laptop on it, it's covered with notes.

"Wow.", i take everything in, "It's so beautiful"
"Thanks. I'm glad you like everything."
"I still can't believe this is happening.", I chuckle.
"Me either.", Awsten says, "After Ciara I thought I would never find anyone again. I'm really glad you're a multitalented weirdo who loves music, otherwise we wouldn't have met."
I awe at him, "and I'm really glad you're an angel voiced dummy who has a weird but cute relationship with Geoff and Otto."

He smiles at me and changes the subject, "We need to go shopping, there's no food here."
"H.E.B?", i ask, knowing he loves their orange juice.
Awsten gasps, "You know me so well."
"I do my research.", I joke and we leave our house.

Once we get to H.E.B Awsten walks around like a kid in a candy store.
"I haven't been here since the start of tour and God I missed it."
I wouldn't be surprised if he missed H.E.B more than his own house.
Awsten grabs orange juice, vegetables, fruits, turkey burgers, and a bunch of water.
I get dog food, cereal, milk, cottage cheese, lettuce, and salad toppings.

We pay for everything and quickly go back to the house, still extremely tired from touring.
I help Awsten put everything away and feed Brax.
"Babe, is it cool if Geoff and Otto come over with their girls?"
"Yeah, of course.", I smile at him.
He shoots Geoff a quick text and within 20 minutes the four knock on our door.

"Who is it?", I jokingly ask.
"Santa.", Geoff yells back.
I laugh and open the door. I'm met with 3 hugs and a "hi! nice to meet you.", from Chloe, Geoff's girlfriend.
"Awe hi, Geoff told me so much about you. Nice to meet you too."

"Wow, Nov. It already looks less dead in here.", Otto comments.
"Wow, your mind is so powerful.", I put my hand over my heart.
I can almost feel Awsten roll his eyes from next to me, "She's going through a phase."
The others laugh at my current vocabulary, which consists of sarcastic statements and memes.

"Did you hear that ATL is going on tour in two months?", Grace asks me.
"Yeah, Alex texted me this morning about it."
"Are you going?", she asks another question.
"Yeah, I've been their - pretty much everything for years now. I just don't know an official date or anything yet."
Geoff asks, "Have you seem them since tour?"
I nod, "Yeah, Awsten and I went over every couple days and hung out."

"I almost thought she wasn't going to move down here because of them.", Awsten chuckles.
"Yeah, they 100% cried, but you didn't hear it from me."

For a few hours we all watch movies and talk about some pretty personal things.
At around 10pm everyone goes home, leaving Awsten and I to ourselves (Brax too of course).
"Babe, I'm tired.", he whines.
"Me too. Wanna go to bed?"
He nods and we go to our room.

The last thing I remember thinking before falling asleep next to the love of my life is about a certain smell that seems to follow him everywhere he goes.
mint.

AHHHHH.
This book is officially over omg.
It's been such a journey and I appreciate all of the love and support y'all have given me.
I'll definitely do an epilogue to give you some closure (how tour goes, do they get married, do they have kids etc.)
Thank you so much. -R