thirty three

The crew takes me to the doctor that tours with us.
He quickly disinfects it and patches up my shoulder.
"You're absolutely insane.", Awsten kisses me, "I really need to leave but I don't want to."
"I don't want you to leave either but I should probably ice my shoulder.", i chuckle.
"You probably should. Alright, I will see you in a little bit angel. Get some rest.", he kisses my forehead and leaves.
The rest of the day is slow and uneventful.
i didn't see Awsten much because he was in interviews all day, so I just hung out with Alex.

we played video games until we all passed out in the lounge.

The next morning I woke up to my phone going off.

People were tagging me in a video posted by Ciara.

Why are they tagging me?

All of my mentions say something like "Drag her queen lmao" or "can you believe the audacity."

I read the caption of the video and it's her explaining everything about the hate and that what happened in their personal life should stay there.

I suddenly become angry and type out a tweet.

'@ novagrace: I'm not going to act like it's not clear what happened, it's an extremely fucked up situation, but you don't deserve the death threats and hate. Minus the,, yanno, you seemed like a pretty cool person. Everyone makes mistakes, some you can't fix, but hopefully you grow from this. People need to grow up and realize how serious harassment is. As she said, if someone you love is hurting, shower them with love. Hate doesn't fix anything. Best wishes.'

I almost immediately see her like the tweet and a few seconds later I get a DM.

from ciara;
thank you for that. you really didn't have to, especially since you and Awsten are so close. it means a lot, I really hope you don't hate me. I don't want anyone to hate me.

to ciara;
you're welcome, no one deserves to be treated like that. and honestly, I've been cheated on before and that pain is the worst, though I don't think it's my place to forgive anyone. i don't hate you. it's something everyone eventually gets over.

from ciara;
you're right. i'm just glad you don't hate my guts, I probably would. once again thank you.

I send her a quick smiley face and I decide I should get up.

I throw on a hoodie and spandex shorts.
And as I walk back out, I notice that the guys are awake.

"That was really grown up.", Rian compliments me and the other's agree.

"Do you guys stalk me on twitter or something?", i ask chuckling.

"Notifications are on.", they say and I awe.

"If I was in her situation I know i would be super depressed and nobody deserves that.", I explain.

Before anyone can answer, my phone rings.

"Hello?", I answer.

"Hey Nov!"

"Hey Jaime, what's up?", i ask.

"We're gonna be in the same town tomorrow night.", he says.

"Awesome! We should hang out.", i say.

"That's why I'm calling, do you want to meet at a bar downtown? I'll send you the address.", he asks.

"Yeah!"

"Alright, I'll text you. Bye.", we hang up.

"Have you talked to Awsten?", Alex asks.

"No, why?", I sigh.

"He hasn't tweeted or anything. Was just wondering if he's okay.", Alex says.

"I haven't talked to him since yesterday. I think I'm gonna check on him.", i say and quickly throw on a pair of shoes.

I open the bus door and take in the new venue. It's gorgeous here.
My thoughts are interrupted when I hear arguing from the parx bus.

I knock on the door and here a sigh.
"Who is it?"

"Santa."

Geoff's voice lightens and he yells, "Come in!"

I open the door and I see Freddy, the manager, and the three boys sitting in the lounge.

"Am I interrupting something?", i ask.

"Yes.", Freddy shoots me a look.

"No.", Awsten says, his eyes almost begging me not to get involved.

I walk in, close the door, and ask Awsten, "Can I talk to you?"

He nods and we go to the bunks.

"What's going on?", i ask him.
"They're pissed because of the interview thing.", he says.

"Really? That was how many days ago."

"Please don't say anything. I don't want to get you in trouble.", he says.

"I can't promise anything.", i say and we walk back out into the room.

"As I was saying, this is your third strike. What do you want us to do about this? Because if you don't have an idea, our only option is to kick you off the tour.", Freddy says.

I snicker and he asks me, "Is something funny?"

"I needed his help with personal matters, he was on my bus. It's my fault he wasn't there, but yet you're blaming him.", I bend the truth.

"Was anyone on your bus aware of this?"

"No, they were performing.", I defend my friends so they don't get in trouble.

"Nova, you've been causing a lot of problems with Awsten recently. Do you two need to be separated? Because we have no problem kicking someone off of the tour, no matter what your threats are.", he smiles at me.

I have absolutely nothing.
This might be the end.

"I suppose that's ultimately your decision. If anyone should be kicked off it's me, as I'm the one who coached him into skipping the interview.", I admit.

"What?", Awsten and Freddy ask surprised at the same time.

His father clears his throat, "Well, I suppose you're right. We will talk to the counselors and decide if you will be staying or going home. Thank you for your time.", and they leave.

When the door closes Awsten speaks up, "Nova you have to tell them I showed up. You had nothing to do with this."

"No. If you go down, so will they. That isn't fair to them. It's whatever.", I slightly smile at them.

"You're our friend, you don't have to do this. We won't be mad if you tell them the truth.", Otto says, Geoff agrees.

"No, that's final. You guys deserve to be here.", I smile and walk off of the bus.

I walk on to my bus for possibly the last time and tell the group what happened.

"He can't kick you off. You're going in there and telling him that it's not your fault. I like Awsten but you're not going home.", Alex says.

"No, it's fine. Geoff and Otto don't deserve to go home because of this.", i say.

Alex sighs and Zach tries to come up with ways to fix the situation.

"Zach, I love you, but stop. There's no way to fix it."

He sighs and sits down.

"I guess I'm going home too.", Alex walks to the closer and pulls out his suitcase.

The three follow him.

"What are you doing?", i ask.

"If you go home, so do we.", Jack says.

"No, stop. Don't risk this for me."

"You're apart of our family. We aren't going to let some asshole ruin it."