fourty eight

One second we were smiling about an innocent crush, the next we were sitting on the couch and I'm comforting him while he cries.
Little did I know it's apart of something so much more.

"Grayson what's wrong?", i ask while rubbing his back.

Instead of answering me he cries harder.

He cries for at least 15 minutes before speaking a word.

"I can't do this."

Tears start forming in my eyes.

"Don't say that. You can do it, okay? Just please tell me how I can fix this."

It's another 10 minutes of him sobbing in my arms before he says, "You can't."

All I can do is hug him and be here for him.

By the time there was a knock on the door, he's been crying for a half an hour.

"Go sit in the bathroom, okay? I'll tell them to stay out.", i say while guiding him to the bathroom.

You can still hear him loud and clear.

I open the door and thankfully see Awsten.

"Hey baby. They were ordering more drinks and I really don't wanna get drunk so I came home-", he cut himself off when he hears the crying.

"What happened?", he's immediately worried.

"Promise not to say anything?", i ask.

He nods.

"I don't really know. He admitted to liking Jack and now it's been 30 minutes since he started sobbing.", I sigh.

"Want me to try to help?", he asks.

"Let me see if he's okay with you being here, okay? I don't want to make him uncomfortable right now.", i ask softly.

"Yeah."

I knock on the bathroom door, "Gray, it's Awsten. He knows and he wants to help. Can he hang out?"

"Yes.", he says trying to calm down.

Awsten comes over to the door, "Can you come out of the bathroom for me?"

A couple seconds later, Grayson opens the door.

We sit down on the couch.

"Gray, what is going on?", i ask.

He starts crying again.
"It hurts."

"What hurts?", i ask.

"You wouldn't get it."

"Explain it to me."

He takes deep breaths, "I like him so much and it physically hurts because I know I can never be with him. My chest is tight whenever I think about it."

Awsten sits on the floor in front of him, "I understand it. I really really do. When I was your age I had a crush on this girl named Megan. She was 10 years older than me at the time. So not only would it never happen but it was also illegal. I know how much it hurts. I know how it keeps you up at night crying because you see people so in love and you want to feel that but the only person you love is so much older than you."

I sit next to Awsten, "I understand it too, Gray. I had a crush on Jakey for the longest time. When I liked him he was 25 while I was like 15. It tears you apart and it sucks so much and I wish I could take it away from you. And I know what it's like to be afraid that you won't be loved. You aren't alone babe."

He calms down from our words, "How do I make it stop?"

"Crushes go away over time. You can tell him or just be his friend and push the feelings to the side. Eventually you'll find someone else.", Awsten suggests.

"And give yourself time to grow up. Don't be so worried about love right now, focus on making you life fun and being happy. Jack is a really cool guy and being friends with him is so fun. I had a thing for him too once, and once I saw him drink 4 pitchers of beer that went away real quick. And don't forget you're gonna change as you get older. Remember how ugly I was? I was a butter ball and I had weirdly cut hair and didn't know style. Now I'm actually cute and I have the best boyfriend, but not just because of the way I look. You're gonna find someone."

Afterwards he begins to calm down even more, but he's still crying.

Eventually the guys come home and raise an eyebrow at the crying teen on the couch.

They carry on their conversation and try to ignore him.

"Hey, I wanna show you something.", Awsten says bringing Grayson to his bunk.

They're in the back room for an hour before Awsten comes out and sits next to me on the couch.

"What happened?", i ask him.

"We sat back there and talked about music and watched some videos. Then he fell asleep.", he explains.

"Awe baby, thank you for all your help today. It really means a lot.", I kiss his cheek.

"Of course. Grayson is actually really cool, I'd be happy to help him anytime. Nobody deserves to be sad."

Before I can say anything, Jack speaks up.
"What happened?"

"Teenage boy problems.", I lie.

"Oh yikes.", he says.

The group begins to talk but I don't listen, I end up falling asleep right next to Awsten.

|Awsten's POV :0 |

I lay Nova's head down on a pillow as I stand up to get a drink.

"What happened while we were gone?", Alex asks, clearly worried about the siblings.

"Nonstop tears. But we both told him how we related to what he was going through and he calmed down.", I explain.

"What was bothering him?"

"It's not my place to tell anybody, but he will eventually be okay.", I slightly smile at Alex.

Nova moves around, wrapping her arms around a pillow.
I wonder if she thinks it's me.
She's so adorable.

Alex snaps me out of my thoughts, "Well I want to thank you. Nova, Grayson, and mrs. Danielson are family to me. To all of us, and even if we don't see mom or Gray as much, they still mean so much to us. So thank you for taking care of them tonight and we're glad to have you, otto, and Geoff join the family."

I smile at him.
That means so much to me.
Alex is someone I've looked up to forever and for him to accept me as part of the family is incredible.

"I would do anything for her and her family, or any one of you. Grayson's a good kid.", i say.

Nova moves again.
The couch is probably uncomfortable, so I should probably bring her to the bunk.

Alex clears his throat, "Hey um, I've known nova for a long time and she's very important to me. I have never done this before, but I'm trusting you with her. She's kind and funny, she has a huge heart. But she's also fragile, so please. Take care of her heart."

"Alex I am so in love with her. I won't let either of you down, I promise.", i say as I gently pick her up.

He shoots me a smile and I lay her down in her bunk. I lay next to her and shortly after I fall asleep.

EEEE THIS CHAPTER WAS SO EMOTIONAL BUT I LOVE IT OKAY BYE - R