sixty

We watch movies and talk about random stuff until we reach the venue.

"Uh, Nov. You might want to see this.", Rian says handing me his phone.

I scroll to the picture and it's of Ciara and Awsten out at the pizza place.

The article head is, 'Did Nova Push Awsten Away? Find Out What Happened With Our Favorite Ship.'

The entire article states that Awsten and I haven't been posting each other much recently and now he's been spotted on a date with his ex, and I apparently cheated on him. That's why he went out with Ciara.

I roll my eyes at the phone and hand it back to Rian.

"Whatever. People can believe whatever they want, but the truth is, we're adults. I have to focus on my family and friends and he has to do the same. We aren't always going to post each other or be spotted on dates because we're busy."

"Do you want me to run him over with my car? I want to run him over with my car.", Jack says.

"Not yet.", I joke.

I quickly check my social media and my comments are going insane with accusing me of cheating.

"I can't handle this right now. I really wish people could understand how hectic everything has been recently. I can't deal with this.", I sigh, turning off my phone.

"Relax. It'll pass once the truth is free. We need you to focus on your job today.", Zach says.

"We need you to help set up and stuff. Be there in 12 or be square.", Alex says trying to be intimidating.

"Sounds like a fat joke.", I shrug opening the door.

"I didn't mean that!", he yells after me, causing me to laugh at him.

I close the door behind me and come face to face with Awsten.

"Hey.", he gives me a slight smile.

"Hi."

"Can we talk?"

"We are."

"About last night, uhm, everyone is still giving Ciara hate.", he explains as we continue walking to the venue.

"How is that my problem?", i ask coldly.

He just stares at me, clearly surprised.

"Sorry that was mean. Go on."

He clears his throat, "And she needed to talk to someone about it. I'm the only person she knows who gets public hate."

"So why did you need to take her out for pizza to talk about it?", i ask.

"It was better than sitting on a bus. I figured you would be happier if we went out in public, so we wouldn't be alone all night in a bus.", he explains.

I stop and look at him, "Do not make it seem like it's my fault. I don't care if you two are friends but what upsets me is you ignored me all night, you didn't text Otto until you ran into me. Everyone was waiting on you to show and you didn't even text. I get it when a friend is having a hard time but she lives in California and we're in Illinois. She didn't have to come to a different state to talk to you, she could have easily texted you. Do you know that there are pictures of you and her out last night? I'm getting hate because people think I cheated on you. But I'm not gonna go and cry to my ex over it."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would blow up like this. I wasn't on my phone because we were talking and then when you texted me I was going to answer it she asked if we should go somewhere and I forgot to answer."

"Honestly, I don't even care about the hate or you guys hanging out. I just need to know, is she going to become a problem?"

"What do you mean?", he asks.

"Is she going to become an issue in this relationship? Nothing against her. I just need to know if you're over each other. You know what goes on in my life. I have to worry about my little brother hurting himself and my mom staying in bed all day. I have a job and I still help my friends with their drama. I want this to work between us but if it comes down to choosing between the two of us, I don't want to be apart of it."

"Nova, I love you so much. I am 100% over her. I know that you're stressed and I'm sorry. I promise I won't cause anymore unnecessary stress and i'll clear this up.", he messes with my fingers.

I sigh, "I'm sorry if I seem bitchy or not into this relationship. I love you. I just don't want to hurt either of us."

"I get it. I would do the same."

I smile at him, "I have to go set up, but I'll see you after."

He kisses me quickly and we part ways.