fourty one

Suddenly I feel someone touch my shoulders.
I jump away and scream.

"You're a fucking dick.", i say as Mike comes into my view.

He laughs, "What? You're not happy to see me?"

"Not if you're gonna scare me all the time."

He shoves me slightly and begins walking in front of me.

"Do you know where you're going?", i ask catching up with him.

"Yep.", he says.

"So how are you with everything?"

"I'm okay. It's shitty but oh well.", he explains.

"It sounds like it would be terrible."

"What about you? How are you?", he asks.

"I'm actually really good for the first time in a while.", I smile.

"That's good.", he says pulling a cig out of his pocket.

"Yeah. How's ash?"

"She's good. Her modeling is really taking off."

"I keep seeing her everywhere, it's crazy how big she's been getting.", i reply.

He nods and offers me one, I decline.

"You still smoke?"

I chuckle, "Depends on what you have."

"Do you smoke cigs anymore?"

"Nah. Quit a long time ago because children and youth kept showing up to my house and they would've taken me away if they saw me smoking.", I explain.

Yeah, I've known these guys that long.
Ever since my dad died I've known Tony. We actually were online friends for a couple years after that and then we finally met the weekend that my mom's now ex husband stayed to meet me.
When I was 17 I moved out to California with my half brother, Paxton, as he had a big house with his girlfriend.

I was close to Tony so we hung out all the time and eventually I met Jaime, Vic, and Mike and we were all really close.
Then I moved back out to PA once Grayson was now my step dad's target because I wanted to protect him.
As I got more into my career and met ATL we stayed close friends but I haven't seen them in a very long time.

"Oh. What about green?", he says.

"Only when I don't have to pay for it.", I chuckle.

"Well look, we're gonna be in town for 3 days so if you wanna come over and smoke, I'd be down. We haven't gotten high together since we were like 15."

"Definitely. I missed y'all so much you have no idea."

"I do have an idea, trust me. We've been trying to find anyway to get into the same town as you guys but it took forever.", he explains.

I awe.

"There you are!", I hear Rian yell as he comes into view, "We heard you scream and I came out looking for you."

"I'm okay.", I smile at him and the three of us start walking back together.

You ever feel physically sick because you love and appreciate your friends so much but you have no clue how to express it? Me too. Constantly.

"Tonyyyy.", I drag out his name.

"Novaaa.", he mocks me.

"What's up, how are you? Fill me in.", i say sitting down next to him on a stair.

"Only if you promise to fill me in after?", he suggests.

"Deal."

"Well the band is really kicking off. Like we thought it was huge when we released Collide, but misadventures is like 97x  that. I'm becoming a lot more comfortable doing interviews and stuff, I guess it's been coming with being more used to them now, and it's so cute everyone gets happy whenever I talk and interviews get good feedback when I'm included.", for the next 28 minutes he fills me in on everything that has happened since the last time we spoke.
The last time we properly spoke was July because of warped tour.

"I'm so happy for you Awe. I knew you would turn out alright.", i say side hugging him.

"Thanks, Nov. so what about you? What's happened since July?"

"Well there's a lot. As we know I didn't go to Warped even though I wanted to, ATL announced another year tour and I agreed to do crew and stuff. My step dad went back to jail because of assault I believe but he's getting out soon. My mom has a PFA now so he can't touch her or the house. Once the tour started I met Waterparks and the crowd already knew who I was which was pretty cool. Then I started talking to Awsten a lot. I got my first interview and they've been piling on. I started dating Awsten, Alex and I got into a fight but we're good now. Oh and Kellin called me a while back and we're meeting tomorrow night to discuss clothing line stuff. And finally Grayson is coming on tour with us for a little."

"How was it this year?", he asks referring to my sd.

"It wasn't that bad but it had its moments.", I explain.

"You didn't do anything did you?", he asks quietly.

"No, never was alone really.", I explain vaguely.

"Good.", he smiles, "You and me should just go to dinner or something one of these nights and just hang out, yanno?"

"Yes, 100%. I need to ask you about something in private then too.", i say.

"Okay. Tomorrow night? We'll go out to Marian's if that's cool?"

"That works. Is the mrs. cool with it?"

"Yeah she doesn't mind."

I nod and we walk back over to the group.

"Is everyone ready to eat?", Alex asks everybody.

Yeah's echo throughout the park and we all start walking around looking for a restaurant.

We settle on a small Italian restaurant and the owners are happy that a big group showed up.

Everyone orders and the food shows up in about 10 minutes.

"What's everyone doing for the next three days?", Jack asks. We have 3 off days and PTV is going to stay in town until we leave.

"Tony and I are going out to dinner tomorrow to catch up, but I don't know what else.", i say.

Awsten looks at me, "You are?"
Nobody else hears us talking.

"Yeah is that okay? We've been friends for a long time."

I fear he'll be upset with me.

"Of course baby."