thirty five

We sit on the roof for another half an hour and then Awsten gets a call from Otto, saying that they need him to go over the new set list.

"Hey!", we hear a man yell as we climb off the fence.

I look back and he's running at us.
He's about 6'3, very buff, and is a police man.

I grab Awsten's hand and we begin running away from him.

Awsten almost falls over the curb and I laugh while pulling him towards me, still running.

"You two are in a lot of trouble! You trespassed on private property!", the man yells still chasing us.

I pull Aws down a dark road neither of us know and behind a building.
We crouch down and hope he didn't see us run back here.

Just our luck, he did.

He begins running down the alley to get to us and we look behind us to see a brick wall.
Classic.

I run over to a dumpster and close the lid, climbing on top.
Using what little arm strength I have, I pull myself up on the ledge of the brick wall.

I look behind me and Awsten is doing the same as me.

It has to be a 10ft drop, there's no way I'm gonna land on my feet.

I sigh and jump down, landing on one foot and one knee with my hands touching the ground.

Awsten grabs my hand and we continue running through the town and we end up finding a grocery store so I lead us in there.

We hangout in the girls bathroom for 20 minutes and then call Otto.

"Hey, where are you?", he asks.

"Hi Otto, we ran into some trouble so Awsten will be a little late. Explain later, see ya.", i say and hang up.

We look outside and see that we lost the cop, so we begin walking back to the buses.

A mile later the 4 buses come into view and Awsten sighs out of relief.

"I honestly didn't think we'd get out of there without at least a fine.", he laughs.

"Me either."

"You know, you're really cute when you break the law."

"You're not too bad yourself, Knight.", I smirk slightly at him.

He pecks my lips and says, "I'll see you after we play."

"Can't wait.", I smile and we go our separate ways.

I walk on the bus and everything comes flooding back.
Alex is mad at me.

I quickly become frustrated with the situation and walk to his bunk.

"Can I help you?", he asks.

"Stop the attitude. I didn't mean that you guys aren't enough for me. You know damn well that I love you four idiots with my entire heart and I could never get tired of you. I meant that it's something different than our usual routine and I like it. I love hanging out with just you guys, don't get me wrong, but this is nice too. Awsten is my boyfriend and I'm going to protect him just as much as I would protect you guys, which I have many times, because I love y'all and I don't want to lose any of you."

He sighs and says, "I know you love us and I get what you mean. Even if you do love hanging out with us, it's nice to have other friends too. I get it. But it feels like we've been seeing less of you. Either way, I'm sorry for being an asshole. I love you so much, I don't want you to think I'm mad at you."