nineteen

"What did you guys do?", Jack asks and the group of 4 surrounds me waiting for details.

"He must have spent so much time doing this. It was in the woods, there was a table surrounded by rose petals, fairy lights in trees, food, candles. Ah, it was amazing.", i gush.

"That sounds really romantic. What did you talk about?"

"What we're passionate about, stupid little things, and a lot of jokes. But y'all. We kissed. Twice!"

"What?", Alex asks excitedly.

"The first time he kissed me and it was in the grass and it was really cute and then I kissed him before I walked in the bus and AH.", I yell.

"So it went well, that's great! Are you guys gonna do something about it or?"

"2nd date, next Sunday at 7.", I smile.

"Awe, I love cute couples.", Jack says.

"Guys.", I drag out the S, "I really like him."

"It's very obvious.", Rian chuckles.

"Did you guys stay up just to see how it went?", i ask noticing the time.

It's 11 pm.
Usually they're at least laying down on the couches watching a movie by now.

"Yes! This is your first date with a good guy, we needed to know."

I laugh, "My point proven , you're secretly teenage girls."

"Shush, go to sleep.", Alex says knowing I'm right.

"Fine mom.", I sigh and go to my bunk, not bothering to change.

I use makeup wipes that I have stored in my bag that's in my bunk to free my skin from the cream based prison and I immediately fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up to my phone going off right next to my ear.

"Hello?", i ask barely audible.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm calling so early but an lgbtq channel wants to interview you and possibly put you on the cover of their magazine."

"What? Why me?", I ask excitedly.

"Because ever since you started doing interviews and interacting with fans more, the public loves you. And they surprisingly think you're a good lgbtq role model.", my manager jokes.

"I will call you back in a couple minutes, let me get dressed and go outside so I don't wake anyone.", i say.

"Of course, take your time.", she answers.

I hang up and check the time.
6:38am.

We should be at the venue by now, either that or we stopped overnight.

I throw on a hoodie, leggings, and slides.
I put my hair in a bun, take my medicine, and walk outside.
It's unfortunately raining, but I'll take getting soaked over listening to Jack complain about how I woke him up any day.

"Hey, so how do they even know about me?", i ask as she picks up her phone.

"They've been following your interviews and social media I guess."

"Stalkerish, cool. Are they alright? Or will they try to mix everything I say to make me look like a bad person?", I ask.

"I'm not sure, but they don't have many bad reviews. If you want, you just have to go and see what happens.", she explains.

"Alright, thanks Katey. I'll call you after the show and let you know where my head's at."

"Okay, bye Nova.", we hang up.

Just as I'm about to go back inside I hear a bus door open.
Awsten shows up in front of me.

"Why are you out here at 7am in the rain, talking to yourself?", he squints his eyes as the rain falls down.

"My manager called me, sorry if I woke you.", I apologize.

"No don't worry, we haven't really slept yet. But I was just confused because I heard you talking out here and it's cold."

"It's not that bad out.", i say, usually 46° is warm in PA, so 49° is great.

"Do you wanna come over to the bus for a little?", he asks.

I smile at him, "Yeah, hang on let me leave a note. You can come in so you aren't stuck in the rain."

We walk inside and try to be extremely quiet as I grab a piece of paper and a pen.

I wrote the following,

Went over to Parx bus because y'all are sleeping, be back @ 9 - 9:30am
Love youuuu, nova❤️

Awsten and I leave the bus and I lock it behind me, then Awsten realizes he forgot his key and the bus is locked.

He knocks on the door.

"Who is it?", geoff asks.

"Santa.", i say before Awsten can say something sarcastic.

I hear the door unlock and it opens, showing Geoff's face.

"You forgot your key.", he holds awsten's key up.

"I didn't realize.", Awsten sarcastically says and we walk on to the bus.

"We know how Awsten feels about the date, but how do you feel nova?", Otto asks.

"I had a lot of fun, it was really cute and romantic, and I'm glad it wasn't someone else.", I smile at them.

Thankfully Awsten was changing his clothes so only Otto and Geoff are here to awe.

"Did you guys really kiss or was that something Awsten was just making up?", geoff asks.

"We actually did.", I laugh.

"Awe!"

"I'm tired.", I ignore their comment.

"Why are you up so early?", Geoff asks.

"My manager called me, she said that an lgbtq magazine wants me to be on their cover and do an interview."

"That's great!", Otto exclaims.

"I guess so, I just don't want it to end badly.", i express.

"What do you mean?", Awsten asks coming out from the bathroom.

"Well you know how they turned that interview around with Ronnie Radke. He's not the best guy but they made him seem like a monster. I don't want that to happen to me."

"I genuinely don't think that will happen, but if it does you just have to explain what happened and move on. That's all you can do.", Awsten explains.

"Yeah I guess so. So should I do it?", I ask.

"Yes!", all three of them say.

I smile, grab my phone, and sit in Awsten's bunk.

I dial my manager's number and she almost immediately picks up.

"Hey! Have you made a decision?", she asks.

"I would absolutely love to do the interview and be on the cover."

"Great! I'll let them know. The interview is Sunday at 5 in Delaware. I understand that it's a little bit out of your way but I can fly you there Saturday night after the show. You'll be at the venue on Tuesday."

Uh oh.