sixty nine

We join everyone back inside and Alex is already giving Grayson a talk. They heard everything.
"You always have to use protection so this stuff doesn't happen, and what if she had an STD? Just because people say they don't doesn't mean they're being honest. Oh god, Nova what are you going to do?", Alex asks, panicked for some reason.

I stifle a laugh, "I'm not doing shit. Grayson and Vanessa are the one's who did it, so they can figure stuff out on their own. You guys are going to have to grow up very quick since she's keeping the baby. I'll help you with regular stuff but I'm not taking care of that child as if it were my own and I'm not giving anybody money. That is something you two need to figure out."

Grayson gets teary-eyed, "Nov, I'm so stupid. I wish I could go back and completely stop myself from doing anything. I'm so screwed I don't know what to do."
My heart hurts for him.
I've never been in this situation but I've made some really stupid decisions with very dire consequences and I've definitely felt overwhelmed and pissed off at myself.

"Alright look, you did what you did. You can't change that so you just have to move past it. As for the child, you can talk to Vanessa about an abortion. She's young and if she has an abortion she will still be able to get pregnant when she's ready. If she decides not to, it is something that you will have to deal with. It is her body and the final decision is hers to make."
Grayson decides to go back to the bunks.

Jack speaks up, "Does your mom even know?"
"No, I'm not going to tell her. If he wants to that's on him, if not I'll keep quiet."
"Gosh, do you think she'll get an abortion? I personally think it would be the smartest move but I know not everyone is on the same term with abortion.", Rian says.

"I think it's the smartest move too, but I don't know."

Awsten interrupts, "Moving on quickly, I promised my mom I would make dessert and I have no clue how to bake. Is anybody a good baker?"

"I'll help. What are you making?", i ask.
"No clue."
I roll my eyes, of course he wouldn't have anything planned.

"Okay well we have brownie mix and marble cake mix, pick one."
"Brownies!", everyone yells at once.

I walk into the kitchen area and pull out a box of chocolate brownie mix, the ingredients needed for that, and M&M's.
"Aws can you hand me an egg?", I ask.

All of a sudden I feel an object being thrown at me and it cracks.
Then I feel a slimy substance roll down my leg.

"Awsten!", I try to scold him but laugh.
"Oops."

It's a constant struggle the rest of the ingredient stage.
He spills oil, doesn't put in enough water, and cracks another egg on the wall.
A miracle happens, we finish mixing in M&M's and put the brownies in the oven.

For 25 minutes we listen to music and take turns playing GTA.
When the oven beeps, Awsten burns his hand on the metal before I reach into the oven and pull the tray out with a mitten.

He separates them and places them on a plate. We wrap them up and put them in the fridge for the rest of the night.
Anxiety builds in my stomach as we get closer to the morning, I'll finally be meeting Awsten's parents and sister.

Then I go to check on Grayson.
As I walk towards the bunk, I can hear him sniffling.
"Gray?", i ask.

"Yeah?"
"You okay?"
"I guess so.", he finally opens the curtain.
"We'll figure everything out, and we don't have to tell mom. It happens.", I give him a side smile and he looks at me.
"Really? You'll help me?"

"Yes, dummy. You're 14. I can't let you figure all of this out alone. I'm sorry I was so hard on you.", I explain.
"It's okay.", he hugs me tightly.

"Do you want a brownie?", i ask.
He nods and we go into the kitchen.

"All seriousness aside, did you at least have a good time?", Jack asks and I roll my eyes.
"Ew."
"Nova, it's natural!", he hushes me.

We ended up eating all of the brownies.
Awsten and I agree to go to the store and get brownies, we just have to take the price off and throw it in a container.

For the rest of the night we play video games and listen music until we all fall asleep spread out around the lounge.

Hey guys!! Sorry it's short, but I've been super busy.
I got my nose pierced today and tomorrow I'm going to New York for a little.
Hope you enjoy! -R