thirty two

The rest of the night goes unfortunately fast and we end up falling asleep in my bunk.

"Aws wake up.", I notice the time.
It's an hour before sound check.

He groans, as usual, and pulls me closer to him.

"You're being really cute and I don't wanna leave but you have to be in there in 45 minutes.", I say sadly.

He sighs and gets up, "The next off day we have can we just spend all day in a bed?"

"Definitely."

He quickly throws on new clothes in the bathroom.
He kisses me and says bye to the guys.

When the door closes I go back to my bunk, extremely tired.

Awsten is such a peaceful sleeper, it's just not easy to sleep on a bunk with two people.

"How's Gray?", Alex asks as he walks to my bunk.

"He's Okay. It's just weird to think that he actually tried to kill himself.", i state.

"When I talked to him he sounded sad, but I didn't think it would escalate.", Alex sits next to me.

"Me either. I always think of him as the smiley little boy that gave my mom hope, yanno?"

He nods.

"He'll be okay. How's your mom handling it?"

"As best as she can. She knows it's not her fault, but she still feels bad because she wishes there was something she could have done."

"I'm sure she will feel guilty. But it'll all pass, I'm sure of it. Are you gonna visit them?", he asks.

"Yeah, whenever we have multiple off days. But there might be a month or two that gray has to stay somewhere else because of her thing.", i say.

"Bipolar depression?", he asks.

I nod, "Yup. He's young, there's no way he can take care of himself for months."

"We'll figure it out.", he side hugs me, "But, how are things with you and Awsten?"

"They're pretty good. He's really great. I just hope it doesn't turn out the same way."

"It won't, and if it does I'll beat him up.", Alex reassures me.

I chuckle, "Thanks. But enough about me. I feel like there's been so much stuff going on that we haven't had time to just talk, you know? How's Lisa?"

"She's good, misses me. I miss her a lot, but I know I'll see her soon. I was thinking about flying her out for a week so she can see us and not be so lonely.", he says.

I get excited, "Yes! I miss her so much, that would be amazing."

"I just have to ask her about it, but I'll let you know.", he smiles at me.

|Alex's POV|

It does feel like so much stuff has happened and Nov and I haven't had much time just to talk.
I'm really glad that she's happy. She was happy before everything else, but it's really noticeable. And I know it's around the time she gets depressed and we haven't really seen much of it.

"Awesome.", she smiles, "So how are the new songs coming?"

It's really nice to sit down and talk with someone instead of crazy shit happening.

"They're going. I have 2 completed, I really like the one, it's a bop, as the kids are saying these days.", I joke.

"Please never say that word again.", She laughs, "But that's good! Play them for me when you figure it out?"

"Of course.", I smile back at her.

It's refreshing to have a best friend who is extremely supportive of everything you do.
I could fuck up and she'll tell me about it, but she won't change her opinion of me.
Loyalty means a lot to me, and Nova is one of the most, if not the most, loyal people I've ever met.

"I love you, Nov."

"I love you too."

"How are you feeling recently?", i ask.

She sighs, "Eh."

"What's going on?", i ask concerned.

"I'm super happy. I love you guys and Awsten and the two dorks are great. Life is pretty good. But there's just something weighing me down.", she frowns slightly.

My heart falls to my stomach.

I side hug her, "You're gonna be okay. Just remember it's going to pass."

She smiles, "I know. Thank you for being here Alex. I really needed some time with my best friend."

Awe.

"I always will, Nov. I needed this too. Now, let's get out there and socialize."

"By socialize you mean hide in the dressing room?"

"Yup.", we laugh.

After a few more minutes of talking and Messi g around we go into the venue.
Awsten almost immediately finds me, "Are we still doing the branding thing? I'm kinda hyped for it."
"Yup! Meet me outside in 10 with a cookie cutter and blow torch?"
His eyes widen, "Holy fuck this is dangerous."
"That's what makes it fun!"
We go our separate ways only long enough for us to gather a crowd of the crew and then we meet outside in front of the line that is gathered.
Once they see us screams echo throughout the buildings that surround the venue.
"Okay so I made a very dumb comment last night and now I feel compelled to go through with it. Everyone's unproblematic, but slightly problematic on twitter, fav is gonna brand me with a cookie cutter.", I announce and they scream once again.

"Nova what are you doing?", Alex asks with amusement laced in his voice.
"I'm getting branded.", i reply.
Jane, one of our videographers, is recording on her phone and Alex looks right into the camera, "Mrs. Danielson, mom, you know I love you. I, Alex Gaskarth, do not condone this extremely dumb thing that she's about to do."
Awsten exits the venue with a cookie cutter shaped like a skull in one hand and a blow torch in his other.

"Are you sure you want to do this?", he asks while heating the metal.
"Too late to back out."
"Will you still go on dates with me after this?"
"You could kill me and I'd still go on dates with you. Stop stalling!", I chuckle.
"Alright.", he sighs and quickly presses the hot metal up to my shoulder blade.
The smell of burning skin fills my nostrils as the metal burns through my top layer of skin cells.
I squeeze my eyes shut trying not to cry because it hurts so bad.

He takes the metal off of my skin and wraps me in a hug without touching the new mark on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry.", he says. I begin laughing hysterically, "That hurt so bad but God that's going to be hilarious to watch again."
He begins laughing too, "I think the fumes are getting to your head."
Awsten pulls back and looks at my face to see tears coming out of my eyes, "I can't tell if those are from laughing or if it's because it hurt."
"Both."

filler chapter is over, let the drama begin

also! i got a tattoo last night