fifty six

I walk into the lounge and see Jack staring at the ceiling.

"You okay?", i ask, sitting on the ground in front of the couch.

"Yeah, i was thinking all night."

"About what?"

He sits up slightly so he can see me, "about last night. I feel so bad for you guys, not in the I'm gonna take pity on you and treat you different, but like wow. Your lives seem so shitty compared to a lot of people, if I were in either one of your situations I would constantly be stressed and so upset all the time."

"I am. Gray isn't because he's young yet and he doesn't believe it'll last forever. But I am stressed every second of every day wondering if my mom's okay and scared that Gray is going to try something again. I'm sad a lot too. I just try to push it away so it's not a downer.", I explain.

"I had no idea it was like that. I'm so sorry, Nov. you guys deserve so much better. I wish I could take it all away.", he genuinely looks sad.

"If none of that happened I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't be sitting on a floor in front of a couch talking to my best friend, going to a new place every day and getting to watch the people I love live their dream."

"But I want you to live your dream too.", he says.

"My Dream is being a mom, and that's not happening for a couple years. But career wise, I don't have a dream. But I am very happy with where I am. Money isn't an issue, I can pretty much do whatever I want. So I don't know."

"I just hope you never forget that we all love you and care about you so much. I know that your stressed and sad sometimes but you can always talk to us, even if you think you're annoying us. You're family and we don't want to see you hurt."

I smile and hug him, "I love all of you too."

filler bc it's my birthday & im sick!! Buttt I got warped tickets and my brother bought me awstens tei class tickets