fourty six

after arriving at the airport and enduring another showing of racing stripes, we finally show up at the airport.

The taxi drive is only 10 minutes away from where the buses are parked.

"I'm nervous.", Grayson admits.

"Why?", i ask confused.

"Because everyone is so cool.", he says causing me to laugh.

"Don't worry, I think you'll fit in."

I grab Gray's hand before opening the ATL bus door to reassure him.

"Look who's back!", Alex announces to the bus as we walk in.

"Hey little dude.", Jack greets Grayson with a side hug.

I notice a little blush on Grayson's face.

"Hi doll face.", Jack hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"Sup jack ass."

"Where's everyone else?", Awsten asks.

"Rian, Zach, Mike, Tony, Jaime, Vic, Geoff, and Otto went out to eat."

"Awe I'm so proud of my kids for making friends.", Awsten says about Geoff and Otto.

"I feel like Otto is more of the mom.", i say.

"Alright, I'll show you your bunk. There's probably stuff in it but I'll have whoever is staying in it in someone else's bunk.", i lightly grab Gray's arm pulling him towards the back of the bus.

I open the curtain to see Tony's stuff.
He can sleep in my bunk or something.

I then pull his stuff out and into my bunk.

"This is yours, mine is right across. The bathroom is the black door in front of the door the leads to back here, and the door behind this room is another lounge but we just use it as a movie room.", I explain.

"What's the schedule?", he asks me while sitting on his bunk.

"Well tomorrow is our last off day for another two weeks. Every show is 6:30 except for Halloween, that show is 3:30 so people can still get out. Obviously you can't go out with everyone because you're underage and there are going to be some times you're gonna be here either by yourself or with someone else because I actually do have to do work around here and I hang out with Awsten and his band a lot too."

He asks another question, "What am I allowed to do and what am I not allowed to do?"

"Well you can leave the bus but since you're younger someone has to be with you, you can come backstage and hang out with the bands and you can go on side stage. Don't talk to anyone in line and don't be a little twat."

"Alright.", he says.

"Babe!", I hear Awsten call.

"What?"

"Wanna get food?", he asks.

I look at Gray, "Want food?"

"Sure."

We leave all of his stuff at his bunk and meet Awsten outside of the bus.

"Is Jack coming?", Grayson asks.

"I don't know let me ask.", i say confused, "Y'all wanna get food?"

"Can't, I have to work on this song. But maybe later tonight.", Alex says.

"Sure, I'm not doing anything.", Jack says and meets us.

"So how have you been?", Jack asks Grayson as we walk down the street.

"Well I don't know if you heard about everything that happened a bit ago with my dad, but other than that I've been okay with the whole custody change thing.", he explains.

"Yeah your mom called me and Alex, what did they say about that?"

Grayson looks at Awsten, "Do you know about what happened? I don't wanna keep walking around the subject."

"I do.", he says.

"Okay so when I attempted they were going to put me in a mental hospital but when I came clean about the situation they paired it up with the circumstances and decided to let me go. But they said if it happens again I have to go in.", he explains.

"Listen, you don't need to worry about that shit anymore. Everyone around here is accepting and are more concerned about your personality than your sexuality. Frankly, I think it's pretty cool you're comfortable with being gay.", Jack says.

I awe at the sight in front of me.

Grayson has the absolutely biggest smile on his face. He's looking up at Jack with such admiration and Jack has no idea.

"Thanks.", Gray says trying to hide his smile by looking at the ground.

Awsten nudges me pointing out the scene and I nod my head and smile.

"Is tender greens good?", I ask.

Everyone nods and we go in.
We grab our food and sit down.

"So Awsten, What are your intentions with my sister?",Grayson asks.

Jack laughs as I clear my throat, "Grayson, you aren't mom. Stop."

"No, it's cool Nov. I really like your sister, more than like. I love her. And I plan to make her the happiest I can because she deserves at least that.", Awsten says.

"Awe babe.", I kiss his cheek.

"Good, now I can stop being mean to you.", Grayson says making Awsten smile.

"Couples make me sick.", Jack says stuffing his face with food.

Grayson looks up at him, "I'm taking your love life isn't good?"

He snickers, "Non existent. But you're only 14 so I guess you wouldn't completely get it."

Gray's face drops.
I should ask him about that later.