seventy one

After a quiet but comfortable ride home, we make it back to the buses. As we walk inside the snores of Jack and Grayson fill my ears.
I hold back a laugh as they're pretty much on top of each other. Somehow, I managed to calm myself and I throw a blanket over them.
We are the only ones who are going back to the buses tonight because the others are going to stay at their families house, they probably won't be home until tomorrow night.

Awsten changes his shirt and puts on shorts before plopping down in my bunk and turning on the Office.
I lay down next to him after changing into comfortable clothes and he kisses me.
"I texted my mom to let her know that we got back okay and she said that she loves you and hopes to see you again soon.", he says loud enough for only us to hear.
I blush lightly, "Your family is so sweet."

"They always have been, it's really cool."
"And they seem put together. I'm jealous.", I chuckle.
"Your family is put together.", he says as if he doesn't know what to say next which makes me laugh even more.
"Yeah, by shitty white tape that loses the sticky-ness after a week. Y'all have flex tape in Texas."
He laughs, "My family isn't a boat and unfortunately we aren't always close and stuff. But thankfully we figure it out. And yeah okay your family isn't that put together, but background builds character and you're my favorite so bravo."
"Dork.", I simply say before wrapping an arm over his stomach and laying my head on his chest.

His heart is beating fast.
Either he's having a heart attack or he's in love.
I can't help but smile. There's something so magical and pure about being able to tell when someone loves you without them even trying to show you.
In this case, he's simply living. And that's what makes it so precious.

"I love you.", I mutter, feeling my eyelids grow heavier.
"I love you.", he says before I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up to the smell of bacon and I am immediately confused.
The only people who cook are Rian and Awsten, both of which are busy.
Rian is still with family and Awsten is right next to me.

As I move to sit up, Awsten wakes up too.
He groans, clearly upset that I woke him up.
"Come back to bed.", he says groggily as he weakly pulls on the back of my shirt.
Instead of laying back down, I lean over and kiss him before jumping down from my bunk and walking to the kitchen.
To my surprise, Grayson and Jack are cooking.
Also to my surprise, the bus didn't burn down.

"Is Awsten here?", Jack asks as he notices me walking to the counter.
"Yeah."
He nods, handing me two plates of food.
"You're an angel. Thank you.", I kiss his cheek and bring the food back to my bunk where Awsten has his face buried in my pillow.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty.", I call, placing his plate on my bunk.
Within seconds his head pops up to see what I brought him.
As he realizes that it's good, he sits up and begins eating.
"What do you want to do today?", he asks between bites of bacon.

Suddenly an idea pops in my head and I say, "Go on a date with me."
"I have no idea where to go or any cute ideas.", he frowns.
I hit his arm playfully, "No, silly, you go on a date with me! I plan everything."
"Oh, okay. I will gladly go on a date with you.", he takes another bite of food.

I quickly run to the lounge to grab and pen and paper.
Then I begin writing plans for tonight.

Aws, pack two outfits!!
Outfit uno: sweatpants and a very warm coat.
Outfit dos: tux ;)

Meet me at 7pm at the hill by the park down the road. Don't bring a phone. Look cute.
I love youuuuuuuuu-Nov

Then I place it on my bunk as Awsten goes to get dressed in the bathroom.
Before he can come out and see me, I pack clothes and leave the bus giving Jack and Grayson barely any information.

|Awsten's POV|

As I leave the bathroom I realize Nova is no longer on the bus.
"Where did she go?", i ask Jack and Gray.
"Check her bunk.", Jack mutters.
When I get to her bunk I see a piece of paper.
It tells me to get two outfits together and meet her at the hill by the park at 7.
I throw sweatpants, a hoodie, and a tux in a bag and patiently wait for 7 to roll by.

At 6:30 I get impatient and decide to leave for the park.
As the park comes into view, I see Nova sitting on a swing.
She smiles and walks up to me, "Hi. You're early."
"Couldn't wait any longer.", I kiss her softly.
She tells me to put my sweatpants on and instead of getting naked in the snow I just throw it over what I already have on.

When Nova notices I'm dressed, she picks up a snowball and throws it at me.
I gasp as the coldness hits my exposed skin, "You're mean."
"Part one of days night, snowball fight and sledding.", she laughs.

I begin piling snow up in front of me to act like a wall and form snowballs to throw at her.
Before I can even hit her once, she knocks my wall down and runs over to me, knocking me down too.
We start throwing snow on each other as we're laying down on the cold ground.
I end up on top of her and she squeals, "I surrender!"

Kissing her lips, I get off of her and help her off of the ground.
"Want hot coco?", she asks wiping off her pants.
I nod eagerly, freezing.

We trudge to the bottom of the hill and see a sled and a bag.
She throws the bag in the sled and begins dragging it behind us.
A couple minutes later we end up at a shop and order hot coco.

"What's part two?", i ask, sitting down next to her on a bar stool.
"You'll see.", she smirks.