fifty five

|Jack's POV|

After we played an amazing show we stop by Waterparks' dressing room.

"Have you guys heard from Nov or Gray?", Awsten asks almost as soon as we walk through the door.

"No, have you?", i ask.

"No."
He looks scared.
Maybe he isn't as bad as I thought.
Not that I don't like Awsten, I do. But after all of the nights Nova cried into my chest and all the nights she looked numb, now that she's finally content I'm trying to protect her happiness. I can't see her like that again.
Nobody really understands the relationship she shares with us.
People think it's a crush or close friends but they're completely wrong.

None of us want to admit it, but we'd die without each other.
We're together every day on tour and when we're off we hang out almost everyday and we always text.
When you spend so much time with a group of people, they're your home.
And for any of us to see someone who is so full of life and someone who is apart of our home so sad is the worst feeling in the world.

"Check the buses.", Zach says.

We rush out of the venue and walk to the busses. When we see that there's a passcode lock on the door it's clear they're in there.
But why did she put the code on?

Rian quickly enters the code and uses the key, thankfully everything was correct and the door opened.

As soon as we walk in it's strange. It's completely quiet.

Otto notices the bathroom door is closed so he lightly knocks on it.

"Who is it?", grayson's small voice answers.

"can you unlock the door?", otto asks.

Gray remains quiet. Maybe he's scared? But why?

I walk over to the door.
Maybe he'll talk to me.

"Gray, it's Jack. It's just me and the guys out here. Is everything okay in there?"

He answers, "There's nobody else?"

"Just us."

He unlocks the door a second later and walks out. All of a sudden I feel a pair of arms around me and I realize that he's hugging me. But he's shaking.

"Are you okay?", I ask.

"We went out to eat and he explained that he was drunk all the time and that's why he hit us and Nova freaked out on him and he apologized and said he wanted us to talk to mom about forgiving him and we got pissed that he was just using us to get to her again so we left and he followed us and banged on the door and was screaming. I think security made him leave.", he says very fast.

"Where's Nov? Is she okay? Did she do anything? Did you?", i look at him making sure there are no marks.

"She's asleep in the bathroom.", he says. He looks so scared and my heart is breaking more every second he stands there.

"I got her.", Alex says, staring at Awsten who looks shocked.
If anybody should be getting her, it's him. But he looks like a deer in headlights.

A second later Alex walks out of the bathroom with Nova in his arms, wrapped up in a blanket.
There are streaks of makeup running down her face, indicating that she was crying.

He puts her in my bunk and covers her up.
She's going to be confused but her clothes and makeup are scattered throughout her bed and she'll rip off our hands if we lose her makeup.
Not that I blame her, eyeliner is $8.

"Are you tired?", i ask Grayson.

He nods his head.

"Sleep in my bunk too. I'll sleep on the couch.", i offer.

"Are you sure? I can sleep in mine."

"You guys need each other right now. It's fine.", I smile at him.

He hugs me again, "Thank you. Goodnight."

Grayson runs off to my bunk and I see him climb into bed with her.

I close the door so it muffles any sounds.

"Are you alive in there?", i ask, waving my hands in front of Awsten's face.

Alex, Zach, and Rian say goodnight to everyone while Geoff and Otto wait for Awsten.

"Yeah uhm, sorry. I'm just kinda surprised.", he says.

"Why?"

"I never knew it was this serious.", he says.

What's that supposed to mean?

"It is. She told you about this stuff and she wasn't lying. He is crazy and he really did try to kill them."

"I believed her, I just never expected it to continue, you know?", he says.

"Yeah, he's garbage. But you're not going to distance yourself from her now, are you?", i ask.

"No, no. I would never. I was just wondering if it's safe for them?"

"Not really. I don't think it'll ever be safe for them honestly. But as long as I'm alive I won't let anyone touch her or Grayson and neither will the others. So she's protected to an extent.", I explain.

He nods and says, "Well uh, thanks for everything tonight. Tell Nova to text me when she wakes up. Goodnight."

"Night.", i reply and they leave the bus.

I don't sleep at all for the rest of the night.

It's about 6am when I hear Nova cough, meaning she's awake.
But she doesn't leave the room until 8am.

|Nova's POV|

I wake up in jacks bunk, I know almost immediately because of the cologne. But to my surprise, he's not next to me. Gray is.
Oh god, he probably fangirled so hard when was told to sleep here.
I chuckle at the thought but stop once I remember everything that happened last night.

I look at Grayson.
He looks so scared, even in his sleep.
Even when he was younger, he was never good with loud noises.
I smile at the freckles that cover his face.
He used to be so self conscious of them, but now he loves them.
I just hope he feels better by tonight.
It's Halloween and Jack wants to take him out somewhere.

It's cute that Jack is trying to be involved in his life, even if Grayson has a huge crush on him.
As I've said before, nothing in his life is stable, not even being in this tour. So being around people he's familiar with will help a little. Especially if he's busy hanging out with them a lot.

After laying there for a couple more hours, scrolling through my social media, I decide to get out of bed.