twenty seven

a couple seconds later Kellin's manager calls.

"Hello?", I answer.

"Hey, Nov.", I hear a familiar voice say.

"Kellin! Why didn't you call me from your number?"

He sighs, "My manager is being really weird about me calling friends recently. I don't know, but he made me use his phone."

"Yikes. Alex said you wanted to talk business?", i bring up.

"Oh yeah! I was definitely not stalking your Instagram because I was bored and started looking at your brand and I was thinking, if you're up for it, we should make limited line."

I smile, "That would be amazing. Anthem clothes are aesthetically pleasing."

"So you want to?", he asks again.

"Of course!"

He cheers, "I'm super excited. I'll text you with details at some point before Halloween. Also, your voicemail is the same?"

This causes me to laugh, "Me too! And yeah, with you beatboxing and Jaime trying to rap, it was too precious to get rid of."

"We should hang out sometime, I miss everyone from tour."

"Yeah definitely, if you're traveling let me know and maybe we can", I smile.

"I will. I have to go, Jack is complaining. But take care, Nov. Stay in touch?", he asks.

"Awe I miss Jack. I will, you too. And of course."

He laughs, "Bye."
We hang up.

"Who was that?", Awsten asks walking out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Kellin.", I laugh at the sight.

"Quinn?", he asks excitedly.

"That's the only Kellin I know."

"You have cooler friends than me.", he fake frowns.

"Not true. Geoff and Otto are cool.", I defend them.

"That's what you think, but if you're with them as much as I am, they're losers.", he shrugs.

"You're a loser."

He gasps, "That's so mean."

I shrug.

"I'm bored.", he complains for the 100th time in the past 30 minutes.

"I'm offended. My company isn't enough?"

"Nope."

"Rude."

"Oh so now I'm a rude loser.", he throws his hands up.

"Yup."

"How are we already bickering like an old couple?", he laughs.

"It's my charm, I can argue about anything."

"Clearly."

We're interrupted when we hear barking outside.
Awsten looks out the window and motions for me to go over.
As I approach the window I see a man barking at a dog.

"What kind of crack is he on and where can I get some?", I joke causing Awsten to laugh.

"Do you think people know about us?", he asks.

"Probably. Our phones haven't stopped going off but do you care if they do? I don't want to like, ruin anything for y'all."

"No, I don't really care if anyone knows that we've been going out. I don't think it'll ruin anything for the band, if anything it'll probably make a lot of people happy. I don't want it to ruin anything for you.", he sits down on the bed.

"I hope so. And I don't really have anything to ruin. I do most of my own stuff and the only people whose opinions I care about are ATL and the rest of parx. And of course my family. My family and Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zach all like you and want me to be happy. I don't know about Otto and Geoff but I'm sure they'll support you.", I explain.

"So we're openly going on dates?", he asks again.

"Yeah.", i say.

"Okay.", he smiles.

My phone rings causing me to groan, "I'm gonna throw this thing away."

"Hello?", I answer.

"Hi, is this Nova?", a small voice asks.

"Who is this?", i ask before answering her question.

"Oh sorry, my name is Raina and I'm from Rock Sound."

"Yeah it's Nova. What's up?", I ask.

"I know you had some trouble with an interview recently but Rock Sound and I were wondering if you would do an interview with us? We promise we won't turn the interview into an article about a date.", she lightly laughs.

"That whole situation was dumb, but yeah I'd love to. When and where do you guys need me?", i ask.

"Well I called Alex to get your number and he said you're currently in Delaware and won't be back on tour until tomorrow, so is Friday okay? You guys should be in Ohio and we could meet at our office.", she suggests.

I answer, "That would be great, thank you."

"No, thank you. See you then.", we hang up.

Awsten speaks up, "Who was that?"

"Rock Sound, they want me to do an interview.", i reply.

"Rad! I love Rock Sound.", he exclaims.

"Are you cheating on Alt Press?", I question him.

"I never said I like them more, I just said I like them.", he explains.

I laugh at him and lay in the bed.

"Wanna start a TV show with me?", i ask after he complains he's bored again.

"Duh, but we need to make a pact.", he begins, "We have to promise not to watch it without each other."

I hold out my pinky and he connects his with mine, "I, Nova Daniels, promise I won't watch our TV show without you."

"I, Awsten Knight, promise I won't watch our TV show without you."

I sigh, "You have a cooler name than me.", as he continues to scroll through my Netflix account.

"No way, your name is spacey and I like it.", he stays focused on the TV.

"Yeah but your first name is spelled cool and your last name is like the definition of bravery.", i counter.

"Why are we about to argue over this?", he asks finally clicking on a TV show.

"Good point. What's this?"

"The 100. It's supposedly about a group of kids going to earth after 100 years in space because of World War 3.", he quickly explains and sits down next to me.

For the rest of the night we sat in bed watching the show, we're up until 3 am finishing the last episode of the first season.

"Goodnight, Aws.", I turn on regular TV and lay down.

"Night, Nov.", he lays down next to me, our bodies are pressed up against each other.
But neither of us move.