twenty four

We reach the studio in 30 minutes and I can feel the anxiety growing.
What if my pictures are ugly?

"Stop worrying. I can feel it from here.", Awsten says as he opens the door to the building.

"Sorry.", I mumble.

"Name?", the man at the front desk asks.

"Nova Daniels."

"It's so great to meet you! Floor 4.", he points to the elevator.

"You too. Thank you.", I reply confused.

As the elevator doors close Awsten speaks up, "Is it me or does this feel weird?"

"Definitely feels weird."

The elevator dings, informing us that we're at the fourth floor.
The door opens and the entire floor is the studio.
There's ring lights and camera's set up all around the room, all facing a white wall.

"You must be Nova, so nice to meet you.", a man walks up to us.

"Hi, you must be Joey. It's nice to meet you too.", i shake his hand.

"Who's this?", he asks flirtatiously looking at Awsten.

"This is my friend, Awsten. He's in a band that's on the tour I'm on.", I explain. Awsten flashes a quick smile at him.

"Great.", Joey fake smiles, "We'll do the interview first so the team can edit it while you're doing a photo shoot."

"Why do you need to edit it?", Awsten asks.

"To make sure everything is in order and sounds good.", Joey answers.

We walk into a separate room. Joey and I sit on the couch while Awsten sits on a chair across from us.

Joey turns the camera on and we begin.

"Hey guys, today I'm with Nova Daniels!", he introduces me, "How are you today?"

"I'm good.", I smile at him.

"Great. Let's dive right into the questions, shall we?"

"We shall."

"For the people who don't know, what is your sexuality and what does it mean?", he asks.

"I am pansexual. That means I don't care about gender or anything of the sorts. I'm open to loving anyone.", i reply.

"What are some common misconceptions about pansexuality?"

"A lot of people confuse it with bisexuality, which to a point I can understand. But when you're bisexual, you attracted to both men and women. When you're pansexual you aren't confined to gender, sex, or anything like that.", I explain.

"How old were you when you came out and how did you come out?", he reads off of a paper.

"I came out when I was about 15. I made a card explaining what it is and finally admitted it. I left it on my mom's computer and when her and my stepdad got home they found it."

"How did they react?", he becomes interested.

"My mom didn't care whatsoever. She was extremely happy that I decided to share that with them. My stepdad is extremely homophobic so it didn't go very well.", I admit.

"What about your dad?", he asks.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat and Awsten gives me a look.

"My dad passed away when I was around 13."

"I'm so sorry."

I smile at him and Joey thankfully moves on.

"As a member of the LGBTQ community, who are some of your biggest influences?"