thirty eight

The rest of the night goes smoothly.
I decide I'll call my mom tomorrow, Waterparks plays an amazing show, All Time Low blows the crowd away, and everyone was in a good mood.

Alex is helping me get ready for the date tonight. He surprisingly has good taste.

"Okay so he's doing something that you shouldn't be wearing a dress or heels to. So we need something cute and practical.", he says looking through my bag.

First I try on a purple floral romper, but Alex quickly opens the door to see what the weather's like and it's kinda cold.

His eyes go wide and he's says, "Wait I have the perfect outfit."

He hands me black ripped jeans, black fishnet's, and a torn up Nirvana shirt.
I try it on and he claps, "The best look I've ever come up with."

"Isn't it cold out? All of my clothes have holes in them.", i say.

He looks around and throws me a random flannel that was laying on the floor.
It's black and grey.

I throw on grey vans and separate my hair into low pigtails and braid them.
I put on a beanie and spray myself with perfume.

Soon after there's a knock on the door.
I walk over and open it, seeing Awsten in black jeans, a band shirt, and a black coat.

"You look gorgeous.", he says.

I thank him and say, "You look great too."

I close the door behind me and he holds my hand.

"We're walking if that's cool with you.", he says.

I nod and he turns on music.

After about 10 minutes of walking I steal his phone and change the song to "bye bye bye" by *NSYNC.

We sing along and dance making each other laugh the entire walk there.

"This is part one.", he says and I realize we're in a pumpkin patch.

It's clearly not open and we shouldn't take pumpkins from it, but we're going to anyway.

"We kinda have to be quiet because I don't want to be shot, but pick out a pumpkin.", he says quietly.

I run over to a gigantic pumpkin.
It's big enough for me to sit on it.

I sit on top of the pumpkin and smile cheesily at Awsten.
I'm talking eyes closed, smile takes up half my face kinda smile.

Awsten takes a picture of me and we go back to looking for two perfect pumpkins.

As we're walking around a light flashes in the field and we hear someone ask, "Who's out here?"

Awsten and I look at each other and crouch down hoping they don't see us.

"I have a gun and I'm not afraid to use it.", he says louder.

Awsten and I grab a pumpkin each and slowly walk towards the road.

"Aha!", he says pointing the light at us.

We begin running with heavy ass pumpkins in our hands.

It feels like we were running forever until we were at the beginning of the town and out of the mans sights.

I place my pumpkin on the ground and laugh, "We almost got shot."

"But we didn't, that's the only thing we should take away from this.", he says joining me in laughter.

"So what are we doing with these?"

"That's part 2. Target date. We're gonna walk to Target and get pumpkin carving stuff, Halloween decorations, and costumes.", he says.