twenty one

"That's not funny.", I roll my eyes at Alex.

"I wish I was joking. A random number kept calling your phone, so I called it on mine. I guess it was the friend Grayson was staying with and he said they found him in the basement hanging from a pipe or something. Thankfully he was still alive, just unconscious. He's in the hospital.", Alex explains.

My eyes fill with tears, "No."

"Nov, I'm sorry. Take as much time as you need and we completely understand if you need to leave tour.", Jack speaks up.

I wipe my eyes, "Can I go home tomorrow? I'll spend the rest of the week with Gray and try to figure out what we're going to do. Then I'll do my interview and stuff and be back Tuesday like planned."

"Of course. Do whatever you need to do, love.", Alex says.

I hug the both of them.
"I love you guys so much. I promise I'll be back and better. I just need to figure this out. I'm sorry."

"Nov, we get it. Your plan is fine, we completely understand. You can get a last minute flight tonight, we can drop you off at the Indiana airport in an hour."

"Thank you.", I run to my bunk and immediately start packing for the week.

Afterwards I call Awsten.

"Nothing good comes from a call this late, what happened?", he answers immediately.

"Long story short, my little brother is in the hospital. I'm getting on a flight in an hour to go to PA again and I'm gonna stay until Tuesday like planned. Do you still want to come Saturday night? You don't have to."

"Holy shit, what happened?", concern is laced in his voice.

"He tried to hang himself.", i say bluntly.

"Fuck is he okay?"

"I think so. He's in the hospital."

"Good. Um, I'll 100% come Saturday night and stay with you until Tuesday. Please take care of yourself while you're there.", he says.

"Okay, I'll try. I lov- like you.", i catch myself. I face palm. Way to go, Nova.

"I love you too, goodnight."

"Night.", I smile and hang up.

Right now is not the time to freak out over this but what the fuck.
Is it more as a friend or more?
Did we just officially say I love you?
We've only been on one date.

About an hour later, the bus stops at the air port.
I hug the four boys goodbye.

"I love y'all."

"We love you too."

I go through security and finally board my plane.

short ass chapter, but it's okay cause it's a filler.
thank you guys for 1k reads wowza. ❤️ - R