thirty four

"You're being stupid.", i say as I lay my head on Alex's shoulder.

The 4 of them are sitting in the lounge with their bags packed in front of them.

"No I'm not."

"Please I'm begging, do not throw this tour away for me.", I squeeze his arm.

"It won't be normal with you not here, so if you leave so are we.", Rian says again.

I sigh giving up.

A half an hour later there's a knock at the door.

"Who is it?", i ask.

"Freddy.", he says.

My heart drops into my stomach.

"Come in."
Shortly after, the door opens and the two walk in.

"What's going on?", Freddy asks as he notices the bags packed and the 4 angry men.

"If you kick her off of the tour, we're leaving.", Alex says, wasting no time.

"Is she really worth losing your job?", he asks.

"Yes, she is. We're leaving if you kick her off. You don't have a tour and you'll have to return all purchases. Is an interview really worth losing your job?", Jack asks.

Freddy gets closer to me, "You seem to get in trouble around Awsten. If I were you, I'd take a break. Congrats, you're staying.", and they storm out.

We cheer.

"Nova can I talk to you?", Alex asks.

The other three give him a look which makes me curious.

"Yeah.", I smile at him.

We go outside and he sighs.

"What's up? You're worrying me.", I chuckle.

"I know you're gonna be mad at me.", he says looking down.

"Just say it."

"I'm asking you, because I care about you, to stop taking blame for awsten's mistakes."

I'm speechless.
I'm not sure if I should be angry or if I should understand what he's saying.

"If I wouldn't have taken the blame for that they would've had to go home.", I cross my arms.

"You almost went home. I'd much rather they go home than you."

"So you don't like them?", i ask.

"I didn't say that. I do like them, I think they're great guys. But if it came down to it, I'd pick you over them."

"Alex, Aws makes me happy. Without him here I would be constantly bored.", i say instantly regretting it.

"So we aren't enough for you anymore?", Alex becomes offended.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, whatever.", he scoffs and goes inside.

Tears instantly flood my eyes.

Alex is never mad at me and I don't know how to fix it.

I didn't mean it the way it sounded and I feel like a piece of shit.

you fucked it up like always.
they were the only good thing you had and now you messed that up too.

my mind starts racing and I go inside.
I don't look at anyone and I go to the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I let the tears roll down my cheek and I sit on the floor in silence.

After a half an hour in there my phone goes off.

from; aws💓
hey gorgeous, sorry we haven't seen each other within the past 22 hours:( i miss you. i heard arguing outside this morning, is everyone alright?

i decide to text him back.

to: aws💓
hi, it's fine you've been busy. i miss you too:( i have no idea who was arguing.

from; aws💓
wanna meet up? there's a really cool place I want to show you while we're here.

to; aws💓
i thought you'd never ask:) meet you in 5?

from; aws💓
sounds good

i quickly wash my face and cover the red parts with concealer and decide that what I'm wearing is fine.

i walk out of the bathroom and look at the four boys.
only one seems mad at me.

"where ya going?", Jack asks.

"Awsten wants to take me somewhere.", i half smile at him.

He smiles back, making me feel a little better.

"Have fun. We ALL love you even though one of us is being pouty.", he says.

"I love all of you too. I'll be back before the show.", i say and walk out of the bus and see Awsten outside already.

"Hi.", he smiles at me and I hug him.

"Ready to go?"

I nod and we begin walking with our fingers interlocked.

"So where is this place?", i ask.

"We kinda have to climb a little. And break the law a little. Are you cool with that?"

"Definitely. The cops in my hometown hate me.", I chuckle.

After walking about another mile, he leads me to an abandoned building.

"Just follow me.", he says and begins to climb the fence.

Once he's over, I do the same.

He partially catches me when I jump down which causes me to laugh slightly.

He grabs my hand once again and we walk inside the building.

"It's so dark in here, how do we know there isn't a man waiting to kill us or something?", i say.

"That's the fun in it."

He leads me to a staircase and it leads up to the roof.

We walk to the ledge and he motions for me to sit down next to him.

I do so, cautiously, and we sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes, just watching the cars below us drive by and the sky.

"It's so pretty up here.", i say softly.

"Pretty people deserve to see pretty things.", he says.

I smile, "You must like me, huh?"

"Definitely. You're funny, you're nice, you have attitude but not enough to make everyone hate you, just enough for it to draw everyone in, you're shy at times but you're also outgoing and outspoken.", he says not looking at me.

I blush, "Stop it now, you're being too nice."

"I'm being honest babe."

My heart flutters at the nickname.

"You're too cute.", I smile at the ground.

He stays quiet for a minute but then says, "You're also a terrible liar. What happened earlier?"

The smile drops off of my face remembering that Alex is mad at me.

I sigh.

"Alex is pissed at me. He wants me to stop putting myself in a position that I can get kicked off of the tour. I said something along the lines of if y'all get kicked off I'd be bored and he took it as me saying that I was bored with them and he got upset.", I word it differently so Awsten doesn't think Alex doesn't like him.

"He is kinda right, Nov. You shouldn't put yourself in that position. You don't need to save me every time I mess up. But maybe you should explain what you meant to him instead of you two ignoring each other. You guys have a special friendship. Don't let that slip away over me.", he catches on.

"Thanks Aws. I'll talk to him after the show. Right now, I want to stay here with you."