twenty nine

"Hey, Nov, can I ask you a question?", Geoff asks me as I'm walking down the hallway.

"Shoot.", I smile at him.

"Are you and Awsten dating? He hasn't said anything about it but you guys have been on 3 dates and Otto and I are nosey."

I think for a second, "Um, I don't really know. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything but I can see why y'all are confused, I kinda am too."

"Do you want to be his girlfriend? You're kinda quiet about your feelings.", he asks another question.

"Yeah, why go on dates with someone if you don't see anything, yanno?"

"Yeah. Alright, thanks!", he says quickly and leaves.

Why is he acting weird?
Truth is, I don't really think Awsten is going to ask me to be his girlfriend and I'm too scared of rejection to ask him.
My life is low key a mess and he probably doesn't want to deal with it, I wouldn't either.

My mind has been acting up a lot recently so I'm having trouble seeing positive sides, but I think it'll be okay.

I begin to help the crew move Parx equipment off of the stage and put ATL's on.
As I'm lifting up the snare drum I hear someone yell, "Fuck you!"
I decide to check it out after I'm done.

Unfortunately the yelling continues the entire time we're moving stuff and I'm pretty sure the audience can hear it.

"You're a piece of shit!"

"Alright, I'm gonna go tell them to shut the fuck up.", I put down the wires and walk off stage towards the yelling.

I follow the profanities and it leads me through the hallway and into catering.

As I push open the doors I see Otto and Geoff talking to a clearly pissed off man.
I think he's their photographer for this tour.

"What the fuck is the yelling about?", I walk over to them.

"Our manager told us that Jawn, our regular photographer, is available because he just got off tour with another band and so we came down here to let him know and he starts calling us all these names and we cannot get him to stop.", Otto explains, Geoff backing his explanation up.

I sigh, it's never easy firing someone.

"Jason, right?", I ask and the guy nods, "I understand that it's your job and you need it in order to provide for yourself but the only thing you can do is accept it and find somewhere else to work. Your pictures are great dude, I'm sure you'll find someone who needs you. Yelling and causing a scene will only get you in trouble."

"I don't know anyone else who needs a photographer. The only reason why I even got this was because Awsten dated my sister in high school and he remembered that I took photos.", he sighs and lowers his head.

"All you need to do is ask.", I smile at him, "I've been on tour with many bands, I can help you out."

"You'd do that? Even after I yelled at your friends?", he asks shocked.

"Yeah, I'd probably do the same thing. Just don't be too mad at them, they're just the messengers.", i say and he nods.

"You just chill out for a little and let me finish doing my thing and we can make some calls and figure it out.", I suggest.

"Thank you so much.", he hugs me.

"You're welcome. I'll see you in a few.", i see him sit down as I walk away. Geoff and Otto follow me.

"You're really going to help him?", Otto asks.

"Yeah. The dude just lost his job and he needs a way to make money, so it won't kill me to try and get him a gig.", I explain.