twenty five

As I'm half asleep on the bed I feel Awsten get up.
He's probably changing considering we've been at the hotel for 2 hours and haven't changed out of our date clothes.
That's the last thing I remember before I fall asleep.

I wake up to Awsten shaking me.
"What.", I groan.

"Your phone has been going off for an hour.", he says.

"I need to take my medicine, can you answer it?", i ask sitting up.

He nods and picks my phone up.
"What's your password?"

"Calamity.", i say as I open the door to get a bottle of water.

I walk down the hallway to a vending machine and get a water.
Then I open the door to our hotel room and Awsten looks sort of worried.

"Fuck. I'll tell her. Bye Alex.", he hangs up.

"Now what happened?", i ask becoming tired of all of the negative shit.

"The interview you did yesterday. They barely included anything you answered and they made the whole article about your mystery date. Alex said it's gonna cause some shit.", he explains.

I grab my phone and go onto their website to read the interview.
Awsten asks me to read it out loud so he can hear it too.

"Underneath one of the pictures they took it says, 'Is nova disrespecting the community by dating a male?' What the actual fuck.", we read the rest of the article and I'm astonished.

"We were there for an hour and a half and they only included three questions I answered and then made the rest about the date.", I sigh becoming slightly upset.

"What are you gonna do?", he asks.

"I'm going to call them, see what's up, and make a video explaining it I guess.", i say dialing the offices number.

"Hello?", the same man from yesterday asks.
I grow angry.

"Can I talk to Joey?", I ask.

"One second."

The line rings and then he answers.

"Joey, how can I help you?"

I try to hold my anger back but I fail, "What the fuck did you do to my interview?"

"I've been expecting a call from you, nova. I told you we would make changes.", he answers.

"Okay but why did you waste an hour and a half of my day to ask questions that you didn't give a fuck about?"

"Because we were going to include them but then we figured the public would be more interested in your love life. Don't worry, we won't expose him if you're angry about that.", he tries to justify himself.

"Do whatever you want, Joey. Just don't ask me to come back for another interview.", I hang up.

"Damn. You're kinda hot when you're mad.", Awsten says trying to lighten the mood.

I sigh and lay on the floor, "I knew it was a bad idea. I'm so angry at myself."

"No, it's not your fault. He's the one who changed everything around. You were just trying to do the right thing.", he comforts me.

I slightly smile at him, "Thank you for always making me feel better."

"Always will.", he smiles back.

I pull out my phone and set it up so my face is in view.

"Here goes nothing.", I sigh and begin the video.