fifty one

I didn't tell anyone I was leaving to look for the group and I regret it about 15 minutes in.
The person who is supposed to find the lost group is lost.
Thankfully a car drives by and I wave my arm at them hoping they'll pull over.

"Hi sorry to bother you, do you know where the church is?", i ask.

"Yeah, it's through this alleyway and 2 blocks down. Do you need a ride?", he asks.
I so badly want to take the ride because I'm honestly terrified but this seems like the type of scene where the guy would kidnap me and kill me.

"Thank you so much, I'm actually meeting my boyfriend and friends there so I think I'll manage.", i smile at him hoping he doesn't kill me.

"Ah okay, be safe out there.", he says and drives away.

That made me even more scared, why would I have to be safe? Is there something that makes it not safe?
I begin panicking.
The town is dark and creepy.
There are only a couple street lights and it's completely silent.
I wish Awsten was here.
I would feel safe.

A black cat crosses the street and my anxiety goes even higher if that's possible.

"Jesus Christ I'm going to die.", i say loud enough for only me to hear it, not like there's anybody around to hear me.

I walk down the alley, the only sound being my shoes hitting the ground and the small wet rocks underneath me.

As if it wasn't creepy enough, I hear somebody laugh.
This causes me to walk extremely fast.

As I turn around the corner, there's someone standing there.
I jump probably 10 feet into the air but hold down my scream, not wanting to make the person uncomfortable.
They look harmless and they're just smoking a cigarette, my nerves are freaking me out.

My anxiety melts away as I see a group of three boys.
I would've laughed at the sight if I wasn't so scared.
Otto is trying to get them to sit down but they're pushing him away and laughing.

I jog over to them and immediately find myself under Awsten's arm.
I feel safe again.

"Thanks for coming. I'm sorry it's so late. You came alone?", Otto asks concerned.

"It's cool. I would much rather have to come out and find y'all than hear that something happened. And yeah, Jack offered to come with but I just told him to go to bed.", I explain.

"Are you alright? You look kinda paranoid.", he notices how I keep looking behind us.

"Just a couple things while I was walking. But I'm okay.", I smile slightly at him.

"Awe nov, we won't let anything happen to you. Even if Awsten doesn't know his feet from his hands right now, I think he'd throw a punch. Or at least attempt to.", Otto says attempting to make me feel better.
Which he does.

"How much did they drink? Geoff looks like a zombie.", i ask.

"Awsten had 2. But like I said over the phone, he never drinks. He didn't feel anything after the first one so he thought it was safe to have another one. Boy, was he wrong.", he says and I laugh, "I honestly lost track of how many Geoff had after 3. But I don't know how it works with him because he has a high tolerance so he could be really drunk right now or just drunk."

Awsten interrupts, "I'm sorry for not calling you. I got into a fight.", and he goes into a fighting stance.

"Who'd he get into a fight with?", i ask otto.
There aren't any marks on him.

"We got into a fight because he wanted a third one and I wouldn't let him.", Otto explains and I can't help but laugh.

All of a sudden we hear what sounds like throwing up.
We turn around and sure enough, Geoff is puking up a storm.

Awsten and Otto look away trying to hold themselves together and I softly touch his back and give him the hoodie from around my waist to wipe his face off.

"Where the fuck are we?", he asks sounding less drunk than before.

"Honestly I don't know. I'm just going off of how I got here. Are you good?", i ask.

"Yeah I'm sobering up. Sorry for making you come out here.", he says holding his head.

"It's no problem, do you have a headache?"

He nods and I frown at him.

"It's only a little longer. We'll stop at the drug store and I'll buy y'all some Tylenol."

He nods again and catches up with Otto so he isn't lagging behind.

I notice Awsten is holding his head too.

"You there?", i ask.

"Yep."

"How do you feel?", i ask.

"I feel like a garbage can gave birth to another garbage can and now a possum lives in my brain."

"At least you won't have a hangover in the morning.", I try to look on the bright side.

He nods in agreement, "How was your night?"

"It was good. How about yours?"

"I don't really remember after I told Geoff to stop asking the bartender to put on our music.", he says honestly.

I chuckle, "Sounds like fun."

"It was. We should go out Sunday. Like to a bar or something.", he suggests.

"I'm down.", I smile at him.

He squeezes my hand as we continue walking.

We're almost back into familiar territory when we hear something move in the grass.
It's dark and we can't see that far back.

Awsten pulls me closer while Geoff and Otto get closer to us.
Thankfully, we didn't die and we reach the drug store.

I run in quickly and buy Tylenol and water bottles.
In no longer than 15 minutes we're at the parx bus and I'm passing out Tylenol and waters.
All of the anxiety I had tired me out so I go back to awsten's bunk and lay down.
I must have ended up falling asleep because I wake up to him climbing into bed and he wraps his arms around me.
The last thing I remember before falling asleep again is him kissing me on my forehead.