twenty eight

I wake up the same way as yesterday, in Awsten's arms.
I don't want to wake him up, he looks so peaceful, but our plane leaves in an hour.

"Aws.", I softly call his name, shaking him.

He groans in response and pulls me closer.

I quietly laugh, "We have to leave, stop being cute."

"Maybe I don't wanna leave.", he keeps his eyes closed.

"I don't want to either, but we have to.", I sigh.

It's really nice being away from the tour life sometimes.
No worrying about show times, you can leave whenever you want, no schedule.
But it can suck too.
Usually the people you tour with are in a different state, so you don't see your friends much. And tour by itself is just so cool and exciting.
Luckily for me, ATL spends a lot of time, by a lot I mean months, in Maryland. Which is only an hour away from my house.
But I don't know what's going to happen with Waterparks. I'm gonna miss them.

My thoughts are pushed to the back of my mind when I see Awsten get up.
He always looks good.

A couple minutes later he walks out of the bathroom in sweatpants and a hoodie and asks, "Are you ready?"

I look down a remember I'm wearing grey leggings and Zach's As It Is hoodie.
I throw on vans and reply, "Unfortunately."

We check out of the hotel and get a taxi to the airport, which thankfully is only 10 minutes away from the hotel.

We go through security, wait for our bags to be placed, and board the plane.

Thankfully, there's no 3rd person seated next to us.

You would think after traveling as much as I do you would get used to flying.
Nope, I'm still terrified of it.

As the plane takes off I feel my heart drop into my stomach.
I look out of the window to try and calm down but it just makes the fear worse, slowly getting further away from the ground.

My hands start shaking so I pull the hoodie's arms over them.

The only good thing about planes is the pictures.
I pull out my phone and quickly snap a picture of the clouds below us.

Awsten looks over and I raise my phone to show him.
"That's pretty.", he says.

I smile at him.

"Are you okay? Your hands are really shaky.", he asks noticing my phone move.

I nod, "Flying isn't my thing."

He places his hand on top of mine and interlocks his fingers with mine.
For the rest of the flight anytime there would be turbulence, he'd grip my hand tighter.

The plane lands and we grab our bags.

"Thank you for that, on the plane. It's really dumb that I'm scared of it, but you helped.", I smile at him as we walk out of the airport.

"You can't help what you're scared of, it's a legitimate fear. You're very welcome and I will gladly hold your hand anytime we're on a plane."

All I can do is smile at him.
He is so precious.
What did I ever do to deserve this?

Awsten calls for a taxi and we're driven to the venue.
When we get there, the buses aren't.

"I'm nervous.", I state as we sit on a box inside the venue.

"Me too.", Awsten says causing both of us to laugh.

A couple minutes later we hear the buses pull into the venue.

"Don't be a stranger.", i say to Awsten before we greet them.
It's going to suck not being with him all the time.

"You're too pretty for me to stay away from. I'll see you before we go on, promise.", he quickly pecks my lips.

I can't help but to blush.

He opens the door and I hear a bus door open almost immediately.

"Nova!", i hear Jack yell.
I see him running at me and before I know it I'm crushed in a hug.

"Jack ass! I missed you.", i say.
I love my friends more than anything else in this world, it's always hard being away from them even if it's for an hour.

"I missed you too, Doll face.", he finally lets me go only for me to be crushed in another hug.

"Don't ever leave me again, Zach was geeking out last night.", Alex says.

"How are your ears still working?", I joke.

Rian and Zach run over and hug me throwing sarcastic comments at Jack and Alex.

"I missed y'all.", I lovingly look at my best friends.

"We missed you too!", Alex says, the others agreeing with him.

They acknowledge Awsten and then begin to question him about the past couple days.

"Guys, leave him alone, you'll scare him off.", I joke.

They ignore me and continue asking questions.

A couple minutes later another bus pulls in.

Awsten greets Otto and Geoff first and then I hug them.

"How'd it go?", Otto asks.

"It was fun." I say and smile.

"Yay!", they cheer.

"How'd it go with y'all?", i ask.

"It was the usual, just without the screaming.", Geoff says.

I laugh at them and then another bus pulls up.

The crew comes outside and says, "Yay, we don't have to move your amps!"

"I feel the love.", I joke, "I'll see y'all later, I have to move equipment apparently.", i say goodbye to my friends.

After I move the equipment I go into All Time Low's dressing room.

"Man, you don't know how weird it was not having you here. I kept expecting someone to walk in on me changing.", Jack says.

"I don't do it on purpose! You just always choose the nicest bathroom and never lock the door.", I defend myself.

"I think now is about the time I make a Nack joke.", Rian says from the couch.

"It's Nawsten now.", Alex says.

"Nack will always live, even when you're married and about to have your 10th kid.", I pat Jack on his back.

"Promise?", he jokes.

"Promise.", i laugh.