sixty one

For the next couple of weeks Awsten and I argue a lot.
And over everything.
To the point where someone needs to drag one of us away from the situation.

It's the night before Thanksgiving and I'm confused. Awsten and I aren't on great terms right now and I don't know if he still wants me to meet his family.
I really want to.

"Hello?", he answers his phone.
Right now we're 5 minutes away from the bus stop for the night.

"Hey. I know we've been fighting and stuff and I'm sorry. Do you still want me to go with you to Texas?", i ask.

We have two days off after Thanksgiving and we would have plenty of time to come back here.

"About that, uh, I don't think it would be a good idea for us to be in the same room right now.", he turns me down.

I instantly become hurt, "If that's the case then why are we even doing this?"

I hear him sigh, "We have to figure everything out, but after Thanksgiving. I'm really stressed and busy. I'll text you."

I hang up and throw my phone on my bunk.
I cannot believe him.

We'll be at the stop any minute, so I decide to lay in my bunk until then.

"Nov, we're here!", Zach yells.

I walk out front and they all look at me.

"Why aren't you dressed? Your flight leaves in like 30 minutes.", Jack asks.

"He doesn't want me to go, so I'm not going.", I give them a sad smile.

They all frown at almost the same time.

"What happened?"

"He said we can't be in the same room so he doesn't want me to go and we need to figure things out but not until after thanksgiving because he's busy.", I explain clearly mad.

"Can I run him over with my car now?", Jack asks.

I smile at him slightly and sit on the couch.

"It's whatever. I'll just stay here.", i say.

Alex interjects, "Absolutely not. My family already offered to let you come over for dinner, they miss you. Gray is with your family, you're not going to be alone on thanksgiving."

"Are you sure I won't be annoying? I don't want to ruin your holiday.", I check.

"Don't make me slap you, you're not annoying and we want you to come. You're apart of the family.", he says.

I nod.

Thanksgiving is the only holiday aside from Christmas that we get to go home for a couple days. I'm grateful that Alex wants me to come with him. I definitely don't want to sit in New Jersey by myself.

I walk to the back room and grab my makeup and clothes.
Everything is thrown into the bathroom and I close the door behind me.

I decide on a lacy purple dress that ends above my knee and black heeled boots.
My curling iron sits on the counter heating up as I prepare my makeup.

First I do my normal face routine, foundation, concealer, contour, and eyebrows.
For my eyeshadow, I place a medium shade purple in my crease and follow that with a darker purple to deepen it.
I apply a shimmery purple on my lid and highlight my inner corner with a blinding white highlighter.
I do a normal wing, but above it I use silver and go right next to it.
I finish off the look with mascara, a nude lipstick, and highlighter.
My curling iron is finally hot enough so I curl my hair and do half up half down.

I leave the bathroom and meet Alex by the door.

"You look great!", he smiles.

"Thanks.", i say, "Are we all leaving now?"

"You and I are going to leave now. Everyone else lives like 2 minutes away so they have time.", Alex explains.
I say goodbye to the three dorks and we leave.

The entire ride to the house we listen to music and talk about our lives.

"Lisa and I have been pretty good recently. I'm kinda upset that she can't come to dinner but I know it's because of work. It just sucks.", he frowns.

"It sucks a lot but at least she's not bored! And she won't have to play uno with us later.", I try to lighten up the mood.

He chuckles, "You're way too serious when it comes to uno."

"You're just mad because I called you out on not saying uno last time.", I roll my eyes playfully.

We sit in silence for a couple seconds and then Alex asks, "How are you feeling?"
I know that he's talking about how I feel about Awsten.

"I don't know. I love him and I'm scared that we're going to end on bad terms but I don't know how much longer I can do the constant arguing. I feel like I can't trust him anymore and it's shitty."

"Why do you feel like you can't trust him?"

I sigh, "Because he said other girls won't be a problem and they are proving to be. It seems like he's becoming uninterested with me and he hangs out with a lot of girls and I don't know."

"Maybe you guys should take a break.", Alex suggests, which shocks me.
Usually Alex is the one who fights for everything. He doesn't give up on something until it's the very last option.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you're young yet and you shouldn't have to feel like this in a relationship. If it goes on like this you'll go into your 30's and the rest of your life with an unhappy relationship and nobody deserves that."

I shrug, not wanting to think about the possibility of Awsten and I not being together.

We sit in silence for a couple more minutes before reaching the gorgeous house.

"Happy Thanksgiving.", I smile at Mrs. Gaskarth as she opens the door.

"Nova, such a pleasure to have you join us.", she hugs me.

She's always been like a mom to me.

She greets her son and welcomes us inside and to the table.
We almost immediately begin talking to everyone at the table and filling up salad bowls, as the table and food are already ready.

"A toast, to a happy Thanksgiving."

hey guys:) I'm starting a marvel book!! i'm working really hard on both of these stories and I hope you guys enjoy any work I put out.
thank you for reading! -R