twenty six

We get to the museum and I pay while Awsten isn't looking.

"Already paid for.", the man says as Awsten tries to hand him money.

He looks over at me and sighs, "You're so stubborn."

"I know.", I smile and we walk inside the museum.

The walls are covered in art and in the middle of the floor there are sculptures and many enclosures with Indian statues and wildlife inside.

Today is a Monday in October, so the museum isn't super busy.

"Who's your favorite artist?", Awsten asks and I begin to grow nervous.

lie. he'll think you're stupid if you don't.

I go against my mind and say, "To be 100% honest, I'm not as educated on art as I want to be so I don't know of a lot of artists. But out of ones I do know, my favorite has to be Alberto Burri. What about you?"

"Same actually, I don't know a lot of artists. But I really like Van Gogh.", he answers.

We walk around the museum for about an hour, talking about the art we come across and other random things that pop into our minds.

"That was actually really interesting and fun.", i say as we walk out of the museum.

"You sound surprised."

"I had no idea you would be into this kind of stuff, so I am sort of surprised.", I explain.

"I love this kind of thing. Going to places and events I'm not completely educated on really helps me understand it better."

I nod in agreement.
Awsten is one of the smartest people I've met.

We end up walking to the mall because it isn't very far from the museum.

"Do you want to eat here or go somewhere else?", he asks as we approach the food court.

"Here is fine.", I answer and we walk into subway.

I order a grilled chicken salad and he gets a tuna melt.
We get our food and sit down at a table.

"Have you checked your phone?", he asks me.

"Nah. Should I?"

He shrugs, " I don't know but I think it's pretty cool that AP and people like that are backing you up."

"Yeah.", I agree and turn on my phone.
I quickly open twitter and go onto Rock Sound's account.
I then open the article and begin to read it out loud.

"Nova Daniels has been in the eye of the public recently as she's been hanging out with Waterparks and All Time Low. Her and All Time Low have been on multiple tours together and are close friends, while this is the first time Nova and Waterparks meet. Nova did an interview with a magazine about her sexuality for an hour and a half, as she says in her video, and in the official article they only included three and made the rest about something she mentioned at the end about a date. She took to Twitter and instagram absolutely ending the magazine. Nova defended herself by saying that it was her and the other person's decision as to when/if they will tell the world about their dates and it is their business only. With that, she included an explanation of being pansexual when the magazine accused her of disrespecting the community because of her being on dates with male. She finished the video with, "It's so ridiculous that I have to explain this to a lgbtq magazine!"
Either way, we love and support nova and we are thrilled that she isn't scared to fight back against people who are wronging her."

"That's amazing! That will help this blow over.", Awsten says.

"I hope so. And I'm just gonna bring up how it's so ridiculous that it's a big deal that we're going on dates. We are two people who are trying to figure shit out and everyone has to let us know their opinions on it and it's dumb."

"I know. I thought this was for us to figure out, not the entire world.", he says.

For the rest of the day we walk around the mall and buy different clothing items.
By the time we're done it's 7pm and we're ready to go back to the hotel.

Awsten calls a cab and we go back to the hotel.

"Once again, you are so stubborn.", he bickers with me over carrying the bags up to the room.

"Just because you're a guy doesn't mean that you have to do everything.", I explain.

"It's polite and I want to.", he counters my argument.

"You're the stubborn one.", I laugh as he opens our hotel room door and we place the bags on the bed.

"We have to start packing.", he frowns.

"You look sad to go back, pop star.", i point out.

"I am but I'm not. I like being here with you, it's really fun. But I also like being on tour with everyone."

"Ah, I get it. I feel the same way.", I reassure him.

He sits down on the bed next to me.
"I'm really glad I came here with you."

"I'm really glad you did too.", I smile at him blushing slightly.

I really want to kiss him but I don't know if I should.
Our first date hasn't been brought up other than the first day and I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

Almost as if he reads my mind, he leans forward and connects his lips with mine.

Pretty soon, sooner than I liked, we pulled away and the moment was once again interrupted by my phone ringing.

I answer it.
"Hello?"

"Nov, I miss you.", I hear a familiar voice whine.

"Alex, I miss you too.", I mimic him.

"Are you packed and ready to leave?", he asks beginning to sound like a mom.

"Yes.", I laugh.

"Good! Did you have fun?"

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun minus the interview thing."

"Oh! Speaking of that, your manager called and said she was trying to get ahold of you but it kept going to voicemail. She said it's very obnoxious once you hear it about 50 times."

I laugh thinking about that day, "I'm never changing it, just gotta get used to it. But what did she want?"

"She said that Sleeping with Sirens' manager emailed her and said Kellin wants talk to you about something but she wouldn't let him call you about it because it's business stuff, I don't know. Sounds too complicated. But yeah. Come home.", he says really fast.

"I'll be home tomorrow morning, and i'll call her. Thank youuu I love you."

"I love you toooo.", we hang up.

i kinda wish I could stay here longer.