seventy two

|Nova's POV|

"Okay so I know you aren't too into this kind of thing but, maybe this will change your mind?", i ask, looking at my boyfriend who has been walking around in a tux for about 10 minutes.
"What is this exactly?", he motions towards the building in front of us.
"An emo ball."

He looks at me with a strange look and I complete my explanation, "It's like a fancy ball, except they play slow alternative/emo songs. It happens one a week, and it just so happened to be tonight."
His face lights up, "You're such a dork.", and he pulls me inside.
The entire place is crowded with men and women - some wearing dresses and tux's, others wearing regular clothes.

Forever and Always by Parachute comes on just as we walk to the dance floor and I can't stop myself from blushing at the situation.
My gorgeous boyfriend is standing in front of me with his hands around my hips, the lights are shining purple on the dance floor, and we're dancing. It's like we're in an emo fairytale. I wouldn't want to be in a fairytale with anyone else.

"You know, dancing isn't my thing. But somehow, you make it a lot more fun.", he says taking my hand and spinning me gently.
"It's not my thing either, but it's different and as long as you're with me i don't care what we're doing."
He smiles, "That's cheesy."
I shrug, "I know."

After dancing to a couple songs and laughing like idiots because neither one of us can really dance on our own, we go to the snack bar and eat pretzels.
My eyes wander to the crowd. Everyone is so pretty here, it's no wonder why there seems to be no one without a date.
Then I see Awsten staring at me in my peripheral vision.

"What?", i ask him.
"You look really pretty.", he compliments me.
I'm wearing a lilac dress with rhinestones on the chest. My hair is down and curly, and I blue eyeshadow on.
"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself, pretty boy."

"Can I ask you something?", he turns to face me.
"Shoot."
"Did you ever think we would end up here?"
I think before speaking, "Honestly no. When we met I thought you were definitely sweet and cute, but I didn't think I would end up liking you. I didn't expect you to like me, and I had no idea we would be sitting at an emo ball together. But I'm really happy that we are."
He stares at the ground smiling.

"You're acting really weird and cheesy.", i point out.
He's been acting nervous and shy all night.
"I'm fine, I just love you a lot and it makes me happy to know that you feel the same.", he explains himself.
I don't completely buy it, but I leave it alone.
We dance to a couple more songs before deciding it's time to go back home.

"Maybe you should plan our dates more often.", he kicks rocks as he walks along the road.
"Maybe I will."
It's quiet for a couple minutes, he looks lost in thought so I leave him alone.

Suddenly my phone rings.
"Hello?", I answer.
"Nov, where are you?", Jack asks.
"On our way home, why?"
"Your manager is here, she said she needs to go over a couple new designs for the brand with you.", he explains.
"Okay, we'll be there in like 10."
"Alright, I love you bye."
"I love you too, bye."

"Just brand stuff.", I answer as I notice Awsten staring at me with confusion.
He nods.
"What's the matter?", I ask.
"Nothing, just thinking.", he says vaguely.
"About what?"
"Nothing serious, just the future and stuff."

We continue to walk in silence until we get to the buses.
"Janelle, hey.", i say opening the door.
"Hi babe.", she hugs me
She proceeds to show me a bunch of new designs for shirts and shoes.
After about 30 minutes, we decide on the new products for Spring, which is right around the corner.

Awsten walks up to me, "babe, can I talk to you outside for a second?"
I nod and follow him outside.
"What's up?", i ask, becoming slightly worried.
"Okay so I'm probably going to sound dumb but bare with me. I've been thinking a lot lately and I know it's still early in our relationship but tour is over in 3 months and we'll be so far away from each other and I don't think I can do that. What I'm trying to say is, I love you so much and I see such a bright future with you. Would you want to move in with me after tour."
And once again, Awsten manages to make me speechless.

After a couple seconds of me processing what he just said I reply, "Yes."
His face lights up, "Yes! You can decorate it however you want and Brax can come and we can visit ATL and your mom! I'm so excited."
I begin to get emotional. I'm moving in with Awsten. This is the most I've ever loved someone in a relationship and we're moving forward and getting serious.
I wrap my arms around his body, "I love you so much."
"I love you. We have a home. Together. I get to wake up next to you everyday.", he goes on still ecstatic about the news.

We'll be able to own plants and animals and instruments. We'll be able to say come home. We'll finally be able to really start a life together.