Awkward Smile

Valerian was most definitely nervous now. Oh why had she agreed to go to dinner with the insanely gorgeous Sebastian Stan?! This was such a bad idea, what if he did not like her? It would be so awkward. Honestly, he was the perfect Sebastian Stan and she was, well, she was just plain Valerian Cassanova. What exciting relationship could she offer to a rich movie star? Maybe she could text him and cancel, yes, that would be a sensible decision.

Then the was a knock on the front door. It was too late! It would seem the dinner would have to go ahead.

Our heroine could feel her palms sweating as she opened the door, absolutely frozen with anxiousness. But when she saw him, oh yes when she saw his lop-sided, warm smile, all her fears were washed away. She could feel herself analysing his whole being in immense detail like she had that day in the cafe. She took in his slick, expensive suit (no doubt Hugo Boss), his crisp, white shirt, smart, black shoes and perfectly, coiffed hair. This man truly was perfection personified. "Hey," he grinned, his features soft, like he was happy to see her. "you ready?"

Valerian finally remembered how to smile and function (bring in his presence was very bad for the brain), she smiled back (normally she hoped) and closed the door behind her, ready for a night on the town with the luscious Sebastian Stan.

XOX

Outside, he had parked his car a street away, due to the lack of spaces near her home. The elegantly dressed duo walked side-by-side on the damp pavement (it had been raining earlier but luckily for them, it was not now), neither really knew what to say to one another, so the just kept meeting eachother's gaze and smiling. Awkward indeed.

The brunette female hated awkward silences, she always had the urge to fill them. Fortunately, so did Sebastian, who was quicker at thinkng of something to say. "I'm so glad that you texted me...I...um." he blushed a deep shade of pink, deeply embarrassed by his sudden confession.

"I'm glad that you replied, I thought that you might have "lost" your jacket with someone else before I'd messaged you." luckily for the Winter Soldier actor, Valerian found is little confession absolutely adorable.

Her reference to the jacket trick made him laugh. It was probably the most beautiful sound she had ever heard, deep and velvety in tone. It made her knees feel extremely weak. If Sebastian at that moment had not wrapped an arm around her waist, Valerian might have collapsed in a kelly-like heap at his feet. "You're never goin' to let me forget that are you? Oh, it was so stupid but I needed an excuse to come over. Damn, Chris thought it was really pathetic." 'Chris' Evans, maybe?

"No, no," she quickly assured him. "it was so sweet, I've never had a man ask me out like that before."

Relief flashed in his eyes before he stopped walking, drawing her close to him, a glimmer of mischief in her eye. He leaned in close, almost as if he was going to kiss he her but then he whidpered in her ear. "And I always act stupid when in the presence of such a beautiful woman." Suddenly he pulled away, a huge smirk on his face.

Cocky sod, Valerian inwardly imagined herself rolling her eyes.

"Here's my car, let me open the door for you."

Her eyes nearly popped out of her skull. His car was not just flash, it was like the batman's ride and then some. How much money did film stars make?! Now, Valerian was no car expert but she did recognise that is was the latest Ferrari. Slipping inside, she could hardly believe that this was actually happening to her. It had to be some wonderful dream. Sebastian was now sitting beside her in the driver's seat. He flashed her another one of his knee-buckling smiles (THANK GOODNESS THAT SHE WAS SITTING DOWN) before starting the engine and driving off into the starlit night.