Awkward Day Two

A/N:

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MARVEL.

He was laying down on his back. Through the thin material of his t-shirt and jeans, Atmos Twelve could feel the cool surface of the examination table seeping into his bones, causing him to shiver. Three large padded straps had been secure across his muscular body to stop him from moving during the process. His head was secured in a brace, raising it slightly so that the doctors could access his chip. Soon, he would be attached to the simulator. Atmos wondered what scenario he would be greeted with.

The sound of the nurse's high heels clicked on the floor as they approached him. "We're ready to attach you, Atmos Twelve, are you okay to begin the process?"

He nodded, biting his lip, hoping that his scenario would be pleasant. Please, don't let Planetary Three appear...

"Doctor Hemms, he's ready."

That was when he felt the pain. The pain was so much worse than he had orginally anticipated. So, so much worse. Everywhere he thrashed about on the table, there was pain. Atmos Twelve couldn't escape the torment.

Then, he found himself falling to a world of dreams...

XOX

He was carrying her back to their room. It was now late into the night, which meant Sebastian would have to be leaving Valerian now. That was the tradition. The loving male placed his blushing bride-to-be on the bed, tucking her in. Making sure that she was comfortable. Before he could pull away from her to wish Valerian 'Good Night', she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Please don't go."

"Val," he rolled his eyes, playfully. "you know the rules. I'll see you in the morning."

"Nooo." she whined. "Please, Seb. You know that I sleep better with you beside me. For me? Just until I'm asleep and then you can go."

Sebastian could feel his will slipping, when had he ever denied Valerian of his company? He relented, climbing into the bed beside her. Valerian lay on the left side of the bed, already feeling her eyelids drooping. Her husband-to-be wrapped his arms around her waist, drawing her close, his breath upon her neck as her kissed her shoulder, hitting all the right spots. "Good night, sweetheart."

"Good night, Sebastian." her words were already slurring.

He chuckled. "I love you, Valerian Constance Ramona Cassanova."

"I love you too, Sebastian Stan."

"Dope?"

"Dope." she grinned into her pillow, feeling her muscles relaxing as sleep took over.

"I'll see you at the alter, beautiful." he purred, settling down beside her, exhausted himself.

"SHIELD Agents couldn't keep me away, handome." she giggled weakly.

"Goodnight, Vally.

"G'night, Sebby." Valerian sighed once more, contentedly. "Good night, Soldier."

"Valerian?"

She rolled onto her back, turning her head to look at him. "Yeah?"

"I just," he paused, moving a stray lock of hair from her face. Sebastian knew that she wouldn't be with him in the morning, this would be their last conversation. "I just wanted to say...thank you. Thank you for being so awkward and so you."

She smiled sleepily at him. "You're welcome."

"And...when you eventually have to leave, I don't want you to try to hold on, worrying about what will happen to me, I'll be okay. Please, don't cause yourself more pain because of me. Just know that I'll always love you, you'll always be in my heart, Val."

XOX

Back in the room, Sebastian lazily rolled onto his side, finding himself incredibly comfy in between the sheets. He was sure that he could sleep there forever if he was given the choice. He breathed in heavily the heavenly scent on his pillow, shampoo and black pepper. Valerian's scent. He stretched out his arm, wrapping it around her waist. Opening his heavy-lidded eyes, he found himself in their bed. Oh no! He couldn'r be there! He quickly sat up, scrambling out of the bed. Sebastian hastily got dressed, pulling on his checked shirt, which he clumsily buttoned up. He was making so much noise that he was surprised that Valerian hadn't woken up. He glanced over at his bride-to-be, she was lay with her back to him, looking so peaceful. He smiled to himself,  glad that he hadn't woken her, she would be needing all of her strength for the day ahead. In a few hours, they would finally be husband and wife. Mr and Mrs Stan.

The Marvel actor walked around to her side of the bed, he just wanted to make sure that she was okay before he left. When he got to her side, he kneelt on the floor before her. Valerian had her eyes closed and her lips parted slightly, a small smile playing on her lips as she dreamed. There was no frown upon her brow, no tears in her eyes and no grimace upon her features. No now, she looked peaceful, like she was free of her demons. Oh how he longed to know what she dreamed about. Sebastian wondered if she was reliving a moment they had shared, before she had become ill. They both needed someone in their lives and now they had each other, no matter how short their time was.Sebastian reached up and placed a gentle kiss upon the adorable female's jaw.

That was when he noticed how cold her skin was, unusually cold. Now that he truly looked at her, he realised that she wasn't breathing. There was no sign of life. Her normally warm skin was cooling.

She was gone.

But...but Valerian seemed so peaceful.

With tears in his eyes, Sebastian took one of her hands in his, bringing it to his lips. "Goodbye, Val." he mumbled, knowing she could hear him from where she now was.

XOX

He woke up, his eye lids fluttering like a butterfly's wings as his sedative was wearing off. The process was complete. He sat, aware of the change in his body. His right hand absent-mindedly felt for the puckered skin where his Microchip had been soldered onto his skin at the base of his neck.

A nurse walked in, she had cropped, flame red hair and large lilac eyes. "Hello." she spoke in a cheerful voice.

The male stared at the nurse. "Hello, Nurse Celestial Ninety."

"Well, your observation was most interesting, Doctor Hemms believes that your contribution to the Project will help us understand more about the human psyche."

Atmos Twelve nodded at the medical assistant. "Well, I'm just trying to help contribute what I can to the world of Science."

"And what a wonderful donation you are going to make."

"Can I go back to the apartment soon?"

The flamed-haired nurse nodded. "Of course. I'll just finish printing your stat results and you're free to go." she started to move away from the table.

"Nurse?"

She turned on her heels and smiled pleasantly at Atmos Twelve. "Yes?"

"Have-Have you ever gone through a simulator test?"

"Indeed I have."

The brunette looked at his feet. "Do you mind me asking what your name was?"

Celestial Ninety smiled warmly at Atmos Twelve. "Of course you can ask, I was Natasha Romanova."

She was who?!

"H-Has Doctor Hemms ever taken part in his own experiments?"

"He has."

"Did...he have a name?"

"Alexander Pierce."

"Sebastian" nodded. "Thank you for telling me."

The nurse nodded. "You're welcome."

A/N:

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO AT THE MOMENT?

(I AM RUNNING OUT OF WUESTIONS, SO BARE WITH ME.)