Awkward Fanfiction

A/N: DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE QUOTES USED. And we're back with more requests and it's STUCKY!!! :D

Dedicated to @teamlegolas221b, I know it is quite short and not exactly what you asked for but it is going to link with another one of your requests. I hope you don't mind!

@VallyStan

'We Have Time' (Part One)

by @VallyStan

“There's not enough time. This thing's moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I gotta put her in the water.” Steve's voice echoed throughout the room, filling his fellow comrades with dread.

James Buchanan Barnes had witnessed many horrific things in his life, far too many horrific things but what his best friend was planning to do was probably the worst ever. His best friend, Captain Steve Rogers was going to sacrifice himself in order to save millions of others. Millions of others who would never truly understand what a brilliant man Steve was, what a selfless man he was. They would never understand how many people would truly mourn for his lost soul. And they would never understand how much his sacrifice had broken Bucky's heart.

With tears in his eyes and a lump forming in is throat, Bucky hoarsely said:

“Please, Steve, don't do this. W-we have time. We can work it out.”

“Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die. Bucky, this is my choice.”

Why did he have to be so noble, why couldn't he have been selfish and let Bucky work out a way to save him.

“Bucky?” Steve was still waiting for his friend's reply.

The brown-haired male could feel his whole being crumbling but he needed to be strong for Steve, who was up in the air all alone. He needed to be there for his friend. Isn't that what he had promised to Steve the day his Mom died, that 'I'm with you til the end of the line'? Well, that's what Bucky was going to do, he was going to be there for Steve until the end.

'The end'...

“I'm here.” he choked as he wiped his tears.

“I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance.”

Bucky chuckled. Dancing, how could he be focusing on dancing at a time like this? “All right. A week next Saturday at The Stork Club.”

“You've got it.”

For a moment, Bucky actually forgot that his best friend was not going to be alive to see next week. Steve had a habit of doing that, making you forget your worries. The blue-eyed male found himself smirking slightly. “Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't you dare be late. Understood?”

“You know, I still don't know how to dance.”

He closed his eyes, knowing that at any moment, Steve's end of the communicator was going to be silent. Bucky had to try and block all of that out, he had to keep talking to Steve. “I'll show you how. Just be there.”

“We'll have the band play something slow.” the was pause. “I'd hate to step on your...”

Suddenly Steve's voice just became static. Bucky's eyes opened wide, tears spilling down his cheeks. He couldn't have already...

“Steve? Steve?” he cried, taping various buttons, trying to regain a link with Captain Rogers. Nothing, nothing but unhelpful dead air. He was gone, Captain America was finally gone. Bucky's whole world at that moment crashed around him, his heart felt like it had actually split in two. Steve Rogers was gone and he didn't even get to say a proper 'Goodbye'. “Steve, don't leave me.” he whispered as his tears blurred the room around him.

People began to leave, silently saying prayers for their fallen friend and comrade. Only one person remained behind and watched as Bucky finally broke down. She quietly walked towards him, until she was by his side, where she knelt and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I'm sorry for your loss.” she whispered, equally saddened as Bucky. Then, Peggy Carter helped guide the heartbroken soldier away from the communicator and towards the exit door.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N: Hello! Hello! Hello! Well, wasn't that full of feels! D: Poor Bucky! He and Steve never got to go dancing! :'(

All right, sooooooooooooooo, thank you all for the continued support! It really means a lot! :D Thank you for commenting eith gold or green. STILL KEEP VOTING! GOLD or GREEN?! All will be revealed in four chapters time! Don't forget to Comment/Vote, it really does help remind me to keep writing. :) SEND IN YOUR BUCKY REQUESTS! AND A NEW COMPETITION IS GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON! :D Maybe in four chapters time... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Who is your least favourite Avenger and why?

We return to Valky tomorrow! :D