Awkward Flower Crown

A/N: Hello! So...Isla and Bucky are going to bond...ohhh, AWKWARD TENSION!

This is dedicated to all the followers who are so amused by my profile picture. Whoever you are, thank you!

Day Four

Isla was not very happy. Not happy at all. In fact, she was very unhappy. She loved her Aunt but when Valerian had suggested that Bucky and Isla have some bonding time together, the niece wasn't very impressed. Without Valerian there, it was sure to be an awkward few hours. Bucky didn't know what to talk to a seventeen year old about and Isla didn't know what to talk to a Winter Soldier about. Too awkward.

Despite their protests, there they were, sitting side by side on Bucky's leather sofa, staring at the switched off TV. Neither knew how to begin the conversation. Isla was allowed to act like an awkward teenager and Bucky was allowed to not be eloquent, he was drugged up to the eyeballs.

The shy brunette pushed a short stray lock away from her face, trying to fabricate a question to ask "The Winter Soldier" but all she could think about was asking him about what it was like being frozen for seventy five years.

Suddenly, Bucky broke the silence. "Sooo, you're Valerian's niece?"

She nodded, wondering where the conversation was going. "Yep, that's me."

Awkward silence.

Then Isla attempted to speak, again. "Umm, so how are you feeling?"

Bucky sighed and shifted in his seat. "I've been better."

Ok, so the conversation was picking up. "Being drugged up sucks, doesn't it?"

"How would you know?"

She paused, thinking. "I was hospitalised for eight days last year."

"Why?"

"I woke up one morning and I was in pain from head to toe. Every time I stood up, I vomited and collapsed, then I finally reached the point where I was unable to move."

"Did they find out what it was?"