Awkward Packing

After the events at the café, Valerian found herself quite unsure what to do with herself. On Molly's recommendation, she took the rest of the day off, making her way back to the apartment that used to be her home. Valerian's plan was to wait until Sebastian arrived home from the set and talk things over with him rationally, unlike in the heated argument they had had. It was obvious that it had been just stress talking, he just needed some time to cool off. But just in case, she would pack a small overnight bag, just enough clothing and essentials to tide her over for a week for wherever she would be staying. Where could she stay? Tabitha. They two sisters had always been there for each other in their great times of need, so Tabitha would be the most logical option.

When she reached the shared apartment, she paused at the threshold, could Sebastian seriously be wanting her to vacate the premises over Fanfiction? When Valerian really thought about what he had said, it all seemed so ridiculous, she hadn't done anything wrong. Well, in her eyes she hadn't done anything wrong. In Sebastian's...

...well, it was obvious what he thought.

Stepping into her home, Valerian breathed in the familiar smell of coffee and tea that lingered in the air, of Sebastian's cologne, of her detergent, it all reminded her of a time where they were happy. What could they not have stayed like that those days? Why had everything had to change?

Valerian set to work on packing. She made a list in her head of everything she would need (just in case Sebastian really did want her out of the apartment). Staring with clothing, as she could always purchase toiletries from the many drug stores that New York had to provide. The brunette female walked over to the shared closet and opened it's doors wide, her eyes scanned over all of her clothes, picking out a few items. She tidily packed them into a small suitcase, the last time she had used this, she had been a happy newly-wed on her way to her Honeymoon.

Pushing away the thoughts of a time forgotten, Valerian continued to pack. That was when her eyes fell upon a box tucked away at the back of the wardrobe-

Suddenly her phone started ringing. Searching around her handbag for her iPhone, Valerian was unsurprised to see Chris's Caller I.D. appear on the screen. Sebastian must have told him what had happened. She wondered if her had left out the part of him kicking her out?

Feeling unusually bitter, Valerian declined the call and continued to pack.

The phone rung again, Smells Like Teen Spirit filled the air, who was it this time? The Caller I.D. had a picture of Tom this time. Valerian was really not in the mood to talk to Tom Hiddleston. She declined the call.

Before she even had time to place her phone back in her bag, it rang for a third time, this tie it was Robert Downey Junior's Caller I.D. that popped up on the screen. Infuriated and annoyed, she turned the mobile off.

It took her fifteen more minutes to decide what she would take with her. Valerian was about to close the wardrobe and make her way to the bathroom for other essentials when her eyes fell once more upon a box tucked away at the back of the wardrobe. Pushing aside various items of clothing, Valerian carefully pulled out the A3 box. Running her hands over the designer’s embossed name on the lid, she opened the large white box and almost gasped in surprise. It was her sequinned dress, the dress the Sebastian had brought her after her Hysterectomy when he had tried to make her happy after she had spiralled into a deep depression.