Awkward Supermarket

A/N: Dedicated to @Dtf720, for the idea.

Reality.

Back at Sebastian's apartment.

Back in the room, Sebastian lazily rolled onto his side, finding himself incredibly comfy in between the sheets. He was sure that he could sleep there forever if he was given the choice. He breathed in heavily the heavenly scent on his pillow, shampoo and black pepper. Valerian's scent. He stretched out his arm, thinking that he could drape it around her waist but his arm connected with more sheets. Opening his heavy-lidded eyes, he found himself alone in their bed. Where was she?

Slipping out of bed, Sebastian walked around each room, searching for Valerian, who was nowhere to be found. "Valerian?" he called. When Sebastian received no reply, his suspicions were confirmed, Valerian had left the apartment without him. "S***." he hissed, running back to their bedroom where his mobile was. Quickly unlocking it and dialling a number, he hoped that she would pick up. Her mobile rang fromt he other room. "Oh, crap, Valerian!" Sebastian paused for a moment, trying to think of what he could do next. His fiancee was not supposed to leave the home alone, she was too ill to be exerting herself like this. The doctors said as her body became weaker, she would suffer from more fits, dizzy spells and blackouts, so what is she was suffering with one of those right now and needed Sebastian? He began to panic, not sure what to do.

Sebastian considered all of the places she could be. There was the bookstore but at four in the morning, it was unlikely that it was even open. There was the library, again, that wasn't open yet. Where could she go at that time in the morning? He tried to picture all of the surrounding shops and destinations that they went to together. Then he remembered that there was a supermarket about ten blocks away that would be open, it had a twenty-four hour coffee shop inside. COuld she be there? The actor only recalled them purchasing goods from there a few times, but it was the only place that he could imagine Valerian being.

With that thought, he hurriedly got dressed and ready before leaving the apartment in search for his terminally ill fiancee.

XOX

The girl sat in the "posh" supermarket cafe, looking at the paper that lay on the table before her, her Bucket List. For months she had been waiting to write it and finally, the moment had come. Finally, she could think of everything she wanted to do. Picking up a pen, she began to write the title of her list, trying to keep her handwriting neat as the painkillers the doctors had prescribed where making her head feel like cotton wool.

Valerian Cassanova's Let's-Complete-Everything List

"Excuse me?"

What?! she mentally screamed, oh hell no, this can not been happening!

Tearing her eyes away from the page, Valerian was shocked to find a rather exhausted looking Sebastian Stan staring down at her in disbelief. "Hey." she whispered, knowing what was going to happen.

He was going to be angry.

He sat himself down in the wooden chair beside Valerian, still glaring at her. "So this is where you ran off to." he stated plainly, taking a sip of the drink she had ordered for herself. Decaffinated Green Tea (the doctors had advised her to stop consuming caffine). "Do you know how worried I was?"

Valerian bit her lip, knowing that her plan had been ridiculous. "I thought that I'd get back before you'd wake up." it was a lame excuse but quite frankly the truth, Valerian had left the apartment, hoping to return home before Sebastian had woken up.

He closed his eyes, frowning and then pipinching the brdge of his nose with his thumb and index finger. "What if something had happened to you?"

Valerian had to admit that she was very impressed by his display of self-control, if the roles had been reversed, she most likely would have been screaming her head of at him. "I made sure that I paced myself."

"Pacing yourself, did you walk here?"

Now, how was she to answer that without getting into trouble? "Yes?"

He sighed frustratedly. "Valerian!"

"Look I'm sorry," she replied with as much sincerity as she could muster. "I just really needed to get out of the apartment and be by myself for a while."

"And what was so important that you couldn't wake me up to accompany you?" he hissed, not maliciously, more exasperated.

She pushed her piece of lined paper towards him and watched as Sebastian's features softened as he read the few words she had written. He pushed it back to her, shifting his his chair, wearily. "Carry on, I'm going to get myself a coffee." the Marvel actor stood up and walked towards the till to order himself a drink, leaving a shocked Valerian behind.

XOX

When he had purchased his coffee and had had his energy revived, Sebastian sat himslef back down beside his terminally ill fiancee, watching her as she wrote. "Val?" he said whilst shrugging out of his jacket.

"Hmm?" she replied without lifting her gaze from the sheet of paper. "Out of all the places you could have gone, why here?"

His question forced her to pause for a moment. "You told about it." she continued to write.

The brunette male frowned once more, trying to recall a time he had mentioned this place? "I know that we've shopped here once but I don't recall ever talking to you about it."

"You did, while I was in hospital."

Before he could deny saying so, he suddenly remembered...

...his story, this was the place where they had first "met".

He laughed in amazement. "I can't believe you actually remembered."

Valerian smiled down at the paper. "Of course I did."

Sebastian watched her write for a few more minutes. "May I?" he indicated to the paper with a nod of his head. She obligingly handed it to him. It read:

Valerian Cassanova's Let's-Complete-Everything List

* To get married to Sebastian

* The visit my parents in Ireland.

* To at least have one more date with Sebastian.

* To hear the ending of his story.

* To convince him to write fanfiction.

* To continue to write my fanfictions.

* To watch Sebastian in his element on set.

* Somethings just cannot be written on paper (if you know what I mean). ;)

* THERE WILL BE MORE ADDED AT A LATER DATE.

Sebastian focused his gaze on Valerian's face, she looked so nervous. He leant forward and placed a kiss on her lips. "I'm sure that I can make a few of these happen." he grinned, melting away all of her insecurities.

She smiled sweetly at him, blush spreading over her checks. Damn, he was going to miss that when she was...gone. There were a lot of things he was going to miss when she was gone. A lot more than he cared to let on, in fear of upsetting her. "Really?" her eyes lit up with a spark that had been so absent for too long.

Another thing he was going to miss, the light in her eyes. The variety of emotions that passed through them as she spoke.

"Sure." he brought his lips to hers once again. "Anything for my girl."

Valerian nodded, tears in her eyes, she batted her eyelashes, trying to force them away, not wanting Sebastian to see her cry. "Thank you."

"Shall we get out of here?"

She nodded and they both rose from their seats, Sebastian helping a very tired Valerian to walk. They were out of the store when he noticed something. "Oh, damn, I left my jacket inside." he glanced a Valerian's exhausted frame. "Do you think you can wait a few minutes just while I go inside?"

His question was answered with a nod from her. Valerian smiled at him, as Sebastian ran back into the supermarket, he didn't even know that he had partially re-enacted his own pick-up line...

A/N: QUESTION OF THE DAY: IF YOU HAD TO DARE SEBASTIAN, WHAT WOULD YOU PICK FOR HIM?

ME: TO PRANK CALL SAMUEL L JACKSON.