Awkward Disneyland

A/N: The song to listen to is Atlas by Coldplay.

Dedicated to @Marvelicious13

WARNING: CONTAINS TRIGGERS.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE TFIOS QUOTES/QUOTE USED.

Reality.

Never in my life had I felt so empty and uncertain about the future. How could I have let things get so out of control? Where did time go? Could it really be that I was stuck on a loop, repeating my mistakes? The girl sat and stared at her Decaffinated Coffee, pondering about how odd her life had gotten. She stared at her phone, willing for someone to contact her. No one did.

The young girl leaned back in her comfy chair, gazing at the lively world around. At that moment in time, she truly felt defeated. Looking for a mint, she reached into her bag. Her hand collided with something hard. Frowning, she rummaged inside the satchel to find out what it was. The female produced a book, she did not even remember buying it. Gazing at the cover, she could feel her mouth shaping into a small smile.

At that moment she realised, not matter how lost she felt, her love for books would always be there to guide her and make her feel safe.

Looking excitedly at the book that lay on the table before her, 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier Prelude'. For months she had been waiting to read it and finally, the moment had come. Finally, she could delve into the Marvel Universe!

Picking up the light graphic novel, she turned the first page, biting her lip in anticipation for the story to unfold.

'THE WORLD EXPOSITION OF TOMORROW, MAY 1942...'

"Valerian?"

Valerian cassanova at that exact point had been pulled away from her dreams by the most beautiful of voices. In her hazy state, due to the medication the doctor had fed into her system, Valerian woke up disorientated and unsure of certain facts of life. Like what her name was...

She slowly opened her eyes, squinting as they adjusted to the sudden rush of hospital lighting. Where was she? She glanced around the room, not recognising her surroundings. Her eyes suddenly rested on a man, he had short brown hair and bright blue eyes. Gosh, he was beautiful. He noticed her staring and smiled back, happy to see him awake. "Hey, Valerian."

Suddenly she frowned. "Who the heck is Valerian?"

Sebstian became a rather alarming shade of white, paling at the words that he had once uttered on a set. "Val, honey, you...you don't remember who you are?" he proceeded to walk closer to the bed until he was by her side.

She remained silent for a moment, staring at his intently, trying to remember who he was, let alone her own identity. Valerian Cassanova frowned, trying to pyut a name to the face. Then everything fell into place. The brunette female sighed and rubbed a weary hand over her face, trying to banish away from of the mist in her mind. "I can't believe..." she trailed off, shocked that painkillers could cause her to be so confused.

Sebastian took on of her hands in his, it was icy cold. "How are you feeling?" he whispered to her, trying to distract Valerian from the fact that she had forgotten her name. He mentally cursed the drugs swilling around in her blood, wishing that he could just fix her himself.

Valerian lay into her pillows further, adjusting the tube in her nose, feeling exhausted. "I feel like 'Hel'." she stated plainly, her gaze never leaving his. "How long have I been out for?"

"A few days."

It was her time to curse. "S***. That's a few too many."

"Hey, it's okay, your body needed the rest."