Awkward Steve

A/N: Welcome to 'Awkward Steve'.

WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERS.

6 AM The next morning.

Another perfect day, life had never felt so good and that was all thanks to Sebastian, he had swept Valerian from her horrible life with her ex, Jason and shown her what it was like to be truly loved. She must have been the luckiest girl in the world right now.

Lying on the leather sofa in the living room, Valerian stretched out, relaxing her muscles as she waited for Sebastian to return home. He had popped out to Molly's Coffee Shop to buy Valerian a blueberry muffin. Pregnancy craving.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, that was quick. Why was Sebastian knocking, maybe he had left his keys again, he was prone to doing that, luckily, Valerian usually had hers. Slipping off of the sofa, she padded over to the door. “What did you forget this time, Bastian?” she laughed, unlocking the latch.

But it was not Sebastian waiting for her...

XOX

Sebastian was on his way back home from the coffee shop. Walking into the elevator, he pressed the button for his floor, almost giddy with excitement. He must have looked crazy with his Cheshire Cat-like grin but he did not care, nothing could have ruined his good mood. The lift quickly ascended and the doors opened with a ping but he did not expect what was awaiting him...

A scream erupted from inside the apartment. The movie star felt himself turn pale at the sound, it was Valerian. Quickly, he got his keys out of his pocket and fumbled with the lock.

Letting himself into the apartment, he braced himself like he had last time. “Valerian?” he called into the silent living room. There was no one there. Suddenly behind him, there was the sound of a vase smashing and more screams. He headed towards the bedroom.

Running into the room, he found Jason banging on the en suite door. “Let me in you little, b****!” he pounded at the door, trying to force it open. He looked exactly as Valerian had described him. Jason was handsome, like a boy out of Private School. He wore a smart suit, which had the sleeves currently half ripped off. His black shirt was torn in several places. His flawless features were tainted by fingernail scratches, no doubt where Valerian had tried to defend herself. Stray locks of fine gold hair fell into his face as his green eyes burned with hatred.

Sebastian had to be careful where he trod, as remnants of the vase he heard smashing littered the floor. “What the hell do you think you're doing?!” our hero yelled as he advanced towards the vile man.

Suddenly he was knocked around the head with a heavy object, knocking Sebastian out cold.

XOX

The male leant against the wall in a relaxed manner but Valerian did not let her guard down, this man was temperamental, he could turn violent at any moment. She shuffled in the chair she was tied to, wondering how she could escape her bonds. "So, how does it feel to be betrayed by a close friend?" Valerian could feel her insides churning in disgust. The man was truly irritating, not to mention foul. He was talking about Chris Evans (who was currently restraining Sebastian, as her had regained consciousness). “Of course he didn't do it voluntarily, I had to threaten him quite a bit. I said that if he didn't help me, then I would make sure his little lady friend would suffer.” Tabitha, he was talking about Tabitha,

Inwardly, Valerian cursed; "I forgive you, Chris." she locked her eyes with his. He nodded but still did not let go of Sebastian. He couldn't. Tabitha's life hung in the balance.

Jason laughed. "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that."

"Fine, Val. So, this is the whore you replaced me with."

Valerian threw her head back and laughed. "If anyone if a 'whore', it's you, Jason."

Jason ignored her interruption. "It's only a matter of time until the inevitable occurs." he suddenly slipped out a gun from his back pocket.

Sebastian could feel himself turn pale.

"I cannot wait 'til I've finished with you." he smirked. Before Sebastian could react, Jason's hand wound through his hair, pulling on it tight as he slammed him into a wall. Chris stood to the side, complete still, not intervening. Scared,Valerian whimpered. Her brain froze, it felt like she had forgotten how to scream. "You're trapped. The inevitable has finally arrived." Jason raised his hand gun to Sebastian's heart. “Look at you, you're not even pleadin' and protestin', hopin' you'll be saved. What's gonna stop me though?" Jason's finger's locked on the trigger. "How's your fiance gonna save you then?" he whispered.

"SEBASTIAN!" Valerian's voice echoed as the gun shot rang out.

XOX

Suddenly something burned cold in Sebastian's side. Pain hit him physically, knocking him off his feet. If Sebastian had been able to look down, he would have seen a pool of blood steadily seeping through his shirt, as he been shot.

Everything happened so quickly, Chris grabbed Jason by his fine, blonde hair and continuously punched him until he was spitting out more blood than saliva. Chris threw him to the floor with a mighty thud, stunning Jason. The movie star proceeded to kick him in the gut repeatedly until he was begging for Chris to stop. The coward. “That was not part of the plan! You said that no one would get hurt if I helped you!”

Valerian had somehow managed to wriggle out of her bonds, freeing herself of her tethers.

Her screams of despair filled the air as Valerian gathered her fallen lover in her arms. Tears streaked his and her face. "Why did you-. Why...why couldn't you of. We could have been-." once again, she was reduced to a sobbing wreck.

"I had to...I had to." he gasped in pain as the life slowly drained from his weak body. "Maybe...maybe it would have ended this way...no matter how long we tried to be together..."

"Please," she begged. "please don't say that."

"I'm sorry, Valerian, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.” a single tear ran down his greying face.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry...it had to end like this..." her voice trailed off.

"Valerian?"

"Hmmm?"

"I'm really scared, Val."

Opening his eyes, Sebastian met Valerian's terrified gaze. Suddenly, the realisation that she was going to lose her best friend and future husband fully hit her. "I'm not going anywhere." she desperately tried to stay brave for him.

"It hurts so much."

"I know," Valerian tenderly placed a kiss on Sebastian's forehead. "I know and I'm still so sorry. Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable?"

Silently, he shook her head, eyelids beginning to droop. "Just don't leave me." he slurred, slipping away.

"I promise I'll be here when you wake up." that was a lie, he was never going to wake up. Valerian was only saying that to try and provide a little comfort for the Marvel actor.

Then he was gone.

Sebastian seemed so peaceful. Moving a stray lock of hair from his face, Valerian finally allowed herself to break down to the sound of Police cars arriving.

Staring down at him in disbelief, Valerian found herself almost shaking with anguish. "Sebastian..." it began as a quiet whisper. "Sebastian!" her yells of agony caused Policemen to momentarily pause before stepping into the apartment.

A/N: UST A QUICK NOTE TO SAY THAT THIS IS NOT THE END OF AGAGTG. THERE WILL BE MORE. SOON.