Awkward Sleep

A/N: I know, I disappeared for a few days. Did you all miss updates from AGAGTG? ;)

CONTAINS TRIGGERS.

After their awkward conversation, Atmos Twelve and Asteroid Five were lead to their temporary lodgings, it would be their apartment for the next few months until the extended observation was over. Asteroid Five could not wait for the extra testing to conclude. Screw the human Psyche, all she wanted was to be at home, feeding her cat and watching repeats of vintage films from the Twenty-First Century, like 'Sherlock Holmes'. Oh yes, she longed to be at home, watching the glorious actor that was Robert Downey Jr.

Their apartment building was known as The Tractus, it was where all of Doctor Hemms live-in patients boarded until he discharged them. Apart from Asteroid Five and Atmos Twelve, there were only two other couples. The building itself was as tall as four storey house. It's exterior was white pebble dash, with white windows with irob grills across them. It resembled an asylum. Atmos Twelve definitely felt as if he was being sectioned. The interior was no different, the lobby was stark white with tiling on the floor and walls, blue spotlights lit their path to the elevator ahead.

Once inside the elevator, the trio remained in silence. Why talk unnecessarily? Asteroid Five counted the floor they would be on. Despite it's misleading size, the building actually contained ten fours in total. Only three (including the new couple's) were in use, the rest awaited for inhabitants.

The doors opened with a ping, indicating that they had arrived at their desired destination, Floor Ten. They were faced with an apartment door of chrome, with the number ten engraved on it's smooth surface in a steel grey. Celestial Ninety stepped forward and unlocked the door by using the key beside it. She typed in the numbers: 1601. The door opened with a slight click and swung open, revealing a studio flat.

There was a kitchen to the right, a bed before them and a door that undoubtedly led to the bathroom. The walls were white and the floor, gun metal grey tiles. The lighting was white and clinical but Atmos Twelve noticed that there were blue spotlights too.

"So, this will be your living area for the next few months. Your timetable will be given to you tomorrow. If you have any problems, there is an emergency chord beside the fridge and also there is one in the bathroom. Details about curfews and so on shall be discussed in the morning and if you're hungry, the fridge is fully stocked." the nurse sighed. "I do love the interior here, it's so clean and fresh." she paused contentedly for a moment. "All right, I will let you two get settled in and I shall check up on you both tomorrow." with a reassuring smile to the male and female, Celestial Ninety exited the room, shutting the door behind her.

She waited a moment outside, listening against the door but when they said nothing, the nurse rolled her eyes and shook her head, pulling an advanced looking cellphone out of the pocket of her white nurse's outfit. She dialed a string of numbers and held the device to her ear as she summoned the elevator. "Hello, Doctor Hemms? Yes they're in their apartment now. That's right, everything is set up. One single bed, that is correct. They're in for quite a night. All right, thank you." she hung up, a smirk playing on her cherry red-painted lips.

His eyes wandered back to the bed, it was a single sized one and judging by the lack of another or a sofa, that he and Asteroid Five would be sharing. He did not like that idea at all, not one bit. He

"So..." she crossed her arms over her chest, rubbing her hands over her arms, trying to stimulate some heat and blood flow around her body.

Atmos Twelve would have offered her his black sweater but he wasn't feeling that generous, her harsh words were still fresh and hurting him. He saw that to his left there was a thermostat. "There's a temperature changer there if you're cold."