Awkward Fanfiction

A/N: Dedicated to @marvel_and_beanies

I have tried repeatedly to write this chapter from various different angles, none have worked. Finally, I think I may have gotten the chapter right. I hope you enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE LYRICS USED.

@VallyStan

'Skinny Love'

by @VallyStan

'And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And in the morning I'll be with you,
But it will be a different kind,
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,
And you'll be owning all the fines.'

She liked him, of course she did. Everytime they spoke, she could feel her heart racing like a rabbit being pursued by a hunter (not the most elegant of metaphors but it certainly portrayed how her heart beat). However, she could not let these feelings be known to anyone except herself.

'Come on skinny love just last the year,
Pour a little salt we were never here,
My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.'

First of all, they were totally wrong for each other. Yes, they may have similar interests and find each other incredibly easy to talk to but there were things about him that made her feel uneasy about ever considering becoming involved with the male. She was sure there were aspects about her that repulsed him (no one is perfect).

'And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And in the morning I'll be with you,
But it will be a different kind,
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,
And you'll be owning all the fines.'

Secondly, she would be mercifully teased by her friends and family. One, because she was actually dating a 'guy' and not just sitting there, reading a book. Two, because they were so different (she could not state in what way they were different, due to the fact that if the guy was reading this, he would know who had submitted this tale).

'Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind?'

Liking someone was complicated. Period. At least for now she could be content with talking to him, even if it did make her heart pound every time he spoke.

She wondered if Steve felt the same way about her?

'Come on skinny love,
My my my, my my my, my-my my-my...
My my my, my my my, my-my my-my.'

A/N: QUESTION OF THE DAY: BUCKY OR YOUR OTP ARE TRAPPED IN A FIRE, YOU CAN ONLY SAVE ONE, WHO DO YOU SAVE?