Awkward Fanfiction

A/N: 15,000...WOW, IT CAN'T BE TRUE?! I AM...WHOA!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!! ON WITH THE REQUESTS! DON'T FORGET TO SEND THEM IN! THIS IS A STUCKY FANFIC TODAY!!!!

This is dedicated to @teamlegolas221b

@VallyStan

Hold On

"BUCKY!" his screams ripped through the icy wind that whipped around his face as the train continued hurtling towards it's destination. "HOLD ON!" Steve cried to his friend, who was hanging from a thin piece of rail that had come lose on the side of the carriage.

"WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!" Bucky cried back, sarcastically.

Carefully, Steve leaned further out of the broken door, stretching his arm out towards his best friend. He wasn't close enough. Glancing behind him, Steve attempted to lean further out of the carriage. Bucky was still too far.

"STEVE?" the soldier called, holding onto the railing for dear life. "STEVE, I CAN'T HOLD ON FOR MUCH LONGER!"

Captain America couldn't belive what his friend was suggesting. "NO, NO BUCKY, I'LL FIND A WAY-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the railing groaned, causing Bucky to drop several feet, it would give way at any minute. "STEVE!"

"BUCKY!"

"I'M SORRY, I'M SO SORRY!"

Steve wiped his tears, trying to find a way to save his friend. "DON'T SAY THAT!" he couldn't lose his best friend, not today, not ever.

"STEVE, I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING, IT'S IMPORTANT!"

Glancing behind him again, Steve noticed his shield lying a few feet away in the train carriage, next to his pack, an idea came to his mind. It was risky but at least he could possibly save Bucky.

"STEVE!"

"JUST A SECOND!" he called over his shoulder, hoisting himself back into the train, he scrambled for his rucksack of supplies.

Bucky watching as Steve disappeared into the train, his eyes widened in shock, where was he going?! "STEVE, PLEASE! LISTEN TO ME!" but Steve couldn't hear him. "STEVE!" he closed his eyes, trying not to imagine what the fall out be like, or what would await him in the end. Would it hurt, or would his heart just give way before he hit the ground? What would happened to Steve? Bucky would die without telling him that he-

Suddenly, Bucky felt a pair of strong arms entwining around his waist and pulling him into a safe embrace. "I got you, Buchanan." it was Steve!

Bucky dared to open his closed eyes, he nearly gasped. Steve had tied himself to the train and absailed to Bucky, using the rope in his (Steve's backpack). Holding onto Bucky and trying to pull them both into the rapidly moving train was extremely difficult but somehow Steve managed to. From the moment they were safely in the train, the two men collapsed side by side on the carriage's floor. Breathing heavily from their exertions.

Outside, the railing which James Barnes had been clinging onto, made a final groan before peeling away from the train side and falling down, into the unknown valley, where Bucky would have no doubtly have met his death if he had still been outside.

Lying flat on his back, Steve began to chuckle. "W-what was it you wanted to tell me."

Suddenly, he and Bucky were kissing.

Bucky pulled away with a huge grin on his face. "Just that I love you." he then lay back on his back, staring at the ceiling.

Steve was absolutely stunned, he just lay there with an expression of shock on his face. "I-I, umm..." he trailed off, turning bright red.

"I know you do." Bucky chuckled at Steve's adorableness.

For someone who had been near death's door, Bucky had recovered extremely quickly. How? He had his Captain looking out for him because that's what Steve was, Bucky's Captain and they were with each other 'til the end of the line'.