Awkward Park

A/N:

I just want to say, if you're reading this, thank you for your support! The views, the votes, the comments, I am just so amazed! I can't believe that I've written so much and had so many wonderful comments. Do still continue to write them, they really are a motivator.

Today's chapter is going to be a little different, we're moving away from Valky (don't worry, they'll be back asap) but today, I thought we'd visit Isla and her continuing quest to annoy her Father. First it was a tattoo...

Day Seven

“That's it! That. Is. It! Isla Peggy Emma Cassanova, I am sick of your childish behaviour, all because of some...boy!” James Cassanova cried, throwing his favourite shirt into the bin. She had purposely spilled coffee on it and then attempted to use his shredder to turn it into ribbons. So now, he was one shirt down and shredder-less.

“Well, it's your fault! You're the one who grounded me! Now, we're leaving today and-and...” she started to cry. “Oh what would you know? You just don't understand!”

“Well, I am truly sorry that I don't understand why you're over reacting over some crush.”

That did it.

“'Crush'...'crush'?! This is not a 'crush'!”

Her Father folded his arms. “Oh really, I think that you've forgotten that I was once your age. I met people and thought that they were “The One” and it turned out that they weren't. I reacted the exact same way that you did- minus the tattoo- but then I realised that my parents were right and that I was acting like a complete and utter child.”

She scoffed. “Yes, well I'm not you!”

“No, unfortunately, you're not as wise.” he sighed. “Isla, you're only seventeen. You most likely feel like this boy is going to be the one you'll settle down with, the one who'll be there for you no matter what but you need to remember, you're both young, far too young to be like that. When you go back to England, what's going to happen, eh? You'll both be in two different continents. Listen, sweetheart, I know that you think long distance will work but I think we both know that it won't. Sure, you'll try for a few months, maybe last a year but is it really going to last? How are you going to make it work?”

She bowed her head. “We'd make it work.”

“You say that now, Isla but you've got to be honest with yourself. Are you really going to be able to make it work?”

If Isla was sure they could, why couldn't her Father see it too? “Yes,” she whispered. “yeah, we will make it work. We did before I came to America and we will when I leave.”

“Isla-”

“No, Dad, you're just not getting it! I'm sick of you discussing my love life, it's mine and mine alone and I'll do with it what I damn well please, if I chose to get my heart broken, then I will but it'll be my choice!”