Awkward Loki

They're smiling, hugging, celebrating. I'm with child, no, she is with child or is it both? I do not know, I am no longer capable of creating my own thoughts. Anything I think about is either "her" thoughts or commands from our Master. I just do not how to feel.

Am I angry at Loki for not noticing the horrible deception playing out before his very eyes? Possibly. Am I really that replacable or is this new me just a skilled actress? I wish I knew.

Oh, Love, if only you knew the trickery being used against you! Save me soon.

XOX

The First Argument:

"I'm trying everything to understand, ok?!"

"But you're not listening to me! It's a matter of principle, you of all people should know that!"

"And how do you think he's going to react when I not only tell him that we want to get married but also that there's a baby on the way?!"

"He's your Father AND the Grandfather of this child, he'll have to find out soon enough and if you don't tell him, then Lady Jane is going to tell Prince Thor the good news and then he will tell the Allfather!"

"You think I don't know this already?!"

The Second Argument:

"I'm being unreasonable?! Unreasonable! Are ypu listening to your self?!"

"Well, it's hard to when you're always screeching at me!"

"How dare you!"

"Oh, I dare to! You've changed, Marya."

"You think?! I'm PREGNANT, my HORMONES are adapting to a LIFE, YOUR CHILD, growing in my bloody womb."

"That's not what I meant, something's different about you, I don't know what but there is."

"Do you know how aburd you sound?"

The Third Argument:

"With the way you're acting, I don't think you love me anymore."

"Marya..."

"No, it's true, you can't even look at me anymore."

"That's not true."

"Then look me in the eye and tell me you love me." she waited and when he failed to do so..."Just as I thought. I see how it is, you suduced me, got me pregnant and now..."

Marya burst into tears. Loki cursed himself, of course he loved Marya, how could he not? He was just stressed about having to tell his austere "Father" that he was going to be a GRANDfather. In Asgard, it was traditional for a couple to marry and THEN have a child, not vice versa. Loki truly was breaking all the rules.

"Come here," he gathered his love into a safe embrace, rubbing his hand up and down her spine soothingly. "you know that I love you, Marya. I'm just...well, we're both under a lot of pressure at the moment. Let's not argue. I love you, Marya Harrison, baby too."

"I know, I know...it's the hormones. I'm just SO tired all the time! It's making me irritated. I love you too." she wiped her tears away with a shaky hand. I can't believe he still has not worked out that his precious Marya is actually possessed by Lord Thanos, what an idiot. Marya grinned mentally but it was quickly replaced by a frown when she realised something. He has noticed a change though, the Prince does know something is wrong with my behaviour.

I better be careful...

I think you should.

A another voice suddenly joined her mind, making Marya flinch. "Love, are you ok? You've turned awfully pale."

"Yeah...I-I'm fine."

Who are you? She asked.

I'm the real you, imposter.

XOX

After so many weeks of arguing, Marya was glad that she and Loki had come to a truce, all the stress was not good for the baby.

It's not my baby, it's the other woman's, she reminded herself.

Too right it's mine, you're in my body, thief. The real Marya hissed.

Oh shut up! The other Marya yelled internally. You're supposed to be dormant.

I guess I'm stronger than you think.

No, Thanos is stronger, he will DESTROY you and your little Prince if you disobey him.

That's a risk I'm willing to take.

Oh really, even if he harmed your peecious babe?

Don't you dare drag my child into this!

Is it yours really, though? It was I and Loki who created it. The child is mine. It is being formed in my body, with my genes.

Keep telling yourself that.

It's funny isn't it? You and Loki used to barely touch, yet with me, we were able to form a child, prehaps when he works out that you've been replaced, he'll not care.

What are you talking about?

I'm saying that maybe he prefers me to you.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Don't I? He kisses me with passion where as he used to kiss your hair and hold you close, how boring. I definitely think he prefers me, he certainly treats me like he does but then...you wouldn't know what it's like to make love to a Prince, would you?

SHUT UP! The real Marya began to force herself to the surface, pushing the imposter away, clawing and kicking to take back control of her body. The other Marya was not leaving without a fight, she bit back, tearing chuncks out of Marya's soul, trying to break her spirit.

Marya thought she was going to be sick, the pain was becoming unbearable. She was tired of playing slave, this deception had been going on for too long. Marya wanted to be the stronger being for once.

I want to go home, she whispered, I want Loki back.

WHAT ARE YOU-. The foreign being melted away as Marya broke through the spell,
feeling as if she had finally burst through a barrier of water, air filling her bursting lungs. She fell back onto her bed, gasping in surprise. Marya was back, she was back!

"I'm home." she laughed weakly before passing out.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: VALERIAN IS GOING TO DO THE ALS CHALLENGE, WHO SHOULD SHE NOMINATE?