Awkward Ice Cream

A/N: Dedicated to @persephonestarr for the continued support.

It was late into the night when Tabitha finally became frustrated with her current hot flushes, she found herself unable to settle as she became extremely warm and then suddenly alarmingly shivery. Her body wanted her to feel one way while her hormones another. She carefully rolled onto her side, kicking the duvet from her body, allowing her side of it to fall to the floor. Her hands travelled to her slightly rounded torso, they came to rest at the navel, just below the bulge. In that dome was a life just beginning to blossom, a life that she and Chris hand made.

Another hand came to rest on top of hers as the presence of another body came into contact with Tabitha's back. Delicate lips brushed across her flamed skin, leaving a trail of fire in their wake. With a sigh, Tabitha leant into the male behind her, their fingers entwining on her stomach. "Is everything alright, Tabs?" Chris asked, his breath tickling her neck.

"I'm so warm." she murmured, frowing in discomfort. Her whole body felt as if was becoming warmer and warmer as the minutes passed.

He placed one final kiss upon her shoulder before untangling himself from his wife. The muscular, handsome male rose from the bed and walked around to Tabitha's side, taking care not to trip over the discarded duvet in the low light of the silvery moon. He crouched in front of the expectant Mother, his face near her bump. He placed his lips to the raised area and mumbled. "Well, I can't have my girls in discomfort, can I?" then, with barely any effort, he scooped Tabitha into his arms, taking her and the foetus into the darkened living room of their home. Carrying them both downstairs, Chris made his way to the living room, where he gently settled Tabitha onto the cool material of the sofa.

Turning on the side lamp, it filled the room with it's gentle golden glow, casting much needed comforting light. Chris helped arrange pillows behind Tabitha's back, making sure that she and the baby were comfortable. When he was sure that she was okay, he left the room hastily and walked into the kitchen, selecting a tube of cookies and cream ice cream from the freezer. The perfect rememdy to hot flushes.

Back in the living room, Tabitha sat propped up against a mound of plush pillows, her head resting on the back of the cool leather sofa, her eyes drifting to Chris' moving form. She smiled wearily at him, her eyes now on the tub of dairy deliciousness. "Oh, you are a star, hun." she whispered to him, taking the offered spoon in her right hand.

Chris handed her the tub too, sitting himself down by her feet, pulling them onto her lap. "I knew that you had been craving it recently, so I went to the store earlier and purchased a few tubs." ever so gently, he began to massage her swollen feet, receiving an appreciated moan in return. "I know that this pregnancy has been tough on you, so I wanted to do all I could to eliviate some of the stress."

Tabitha could feel tears of affection forming in her eyes. Usually, she would blame them on the hormones but this time, they were soley hers. How could this wonderful man truly be her husband. "Oh, Chris..." she began to whisper.

"Sssh," he comforted her, wiping her cascading tears away with his thumb. "you deserve it, Tabs. I want to take care of you and baby."

She nodded, wiping a tears away from her flushed cheeks. Tabitha continued to eat her ice cream, savouring each spoonful. "I thought of a name today." she said, swallowing the bite she had been eating. "D'you want to hear it?"

Chris smiled at her, resting his chin on her raised knees, wrapping his arms arpund them.

"I was thinking Milly."

"Milly Evans." he beamed at her. "I think it's perfect." he kissed her kneecaps, loving every inch of her. "She's going to beautiful when she's born."

Tabitha smiled too. "A little angel." she placed the ice cream and spoon on the coffee table in front of her. "I love you, Chris Evans." the brunette female reached forward slightly and carressed his cheek with her fingers, her grin broadening as Chris nuzzled at her legs.

"I love you too, Tabitha Evans." those affectionate words reached Tabitha's ears, slightly muffled. "And I love you, Milly Evans."

"She loves us too."